Brand New iPhone 3GS won't boot after blackra1n JB...

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Alright, so I did the JB, which was amazingly fast. I installed Cydia, but not the other two (yet). Then I downloaded MxTube, dTunes, and a package that includes the Safari plug-in. The last installation through Cydia needed a reboot, and now it's showing the logo with the white USB cable with an arrow pointing to iTunes. When I start iTunes, it says it found the iPhone in "recovery mode", and that the device needs to be restored!? Did I mess something up? I can't boot anymore. :rolleyes:

Thank you guys!!!!!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Is there a non tethered jb in the future or is this what we'll be stuck with having to do everytime we install a theme or cydia apps?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
For now, it's stuck this way indefinately. It MAY be fixed after the next major update. But even that's not guaranteed.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
@LVCIFER: Thank you, sir. That's exactly what it was. The tethered jailbreak. I only rebooted it because I had to. The last item from Cydia that I had installed required it. I never ran the iTunes restore, as I figured it was something simple like this.

It won't be a problem as far as in the future, as I am either constantly charging it and will be able to easily and quickly re-jailbreak it thanks to blackra1n. It took exactly 18 seconds. Now I have ammo to justify getting a netbook to myself. :D Then again, who needs one with the iPhone. This is awesome. (still have new-iPhone-fever haha)

Are there any must-have apps that you guys can recommend? I will need Backgrounder, ability to tether, be able to run SlingPlayer over 3G (and any other app that is set to only download over WiFi, such as at least one TV app that I have found)...

Thanks again! (...I left kudos for you, LVCIFER)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW