iPhone does not recognize T-Mobile sim card!

brattygirl72

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
All,

First let me say thanks for reading my post. I have spent hours scouring though threads and I have not been able to find an answer to my question. I am brand new to the unlock and jailbreak process so please excuse my ignorance. I just received an unlocked (Blackrain) iPhone 3GS 3.1 from an merchant on Ebay. When I put my T-Mobile sim card into the phone I received a voicemail notification and there was no T-Mobile signal (only dashes). I've tried 2 different T-Mobile sim cards and no joy! I am sure that it's a setting issue.
One last question, should I update to 3.1.2 and unlock and jailbreak? Would that help? Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Rachael

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hello, Rachael.

Well, since you've got nothing to lose, yes, I'd recommend upgrading to 3.1.2

However, before you do that, take a look at your serial #.

Go to Settings>General>About. It's the 10th option down.

Now, IN THE SERIAL #, if digits 4 and 5 of the serial number are greater than "40", you may have a tethered jailbreak. We'll go into that later.

If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

brattygirl72

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello, Rachael.

Well, since you've got nothing to lose, yes, I'd recommend upgrading to 3.1.2

However, before you do that, take a look at your serial #.

Go to Settings>General>About. It's the 10th option down.

Now, IN THE SERIAL #, if digits 4 and 5 of the serial number are greater than "40", you may have a tethered jailbreak. We'll go into that later.

If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

LVCIFER,

The 4th and 5th digits are 36. I will go ahead and update to 3.1.2. I will shoot you a pm in a few minutes.

Thanks

brattygirl72

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
LVCIFER,

Darn, I can't shoot you a PM yet. I am updating the phone to 3.1.2 through iTunes now. I feel comfortable updating with blackrain as I watched it on youtube. Will this solve my sim card issue? Since my serial is 36 can I reboot my phone without having to use blackrain?

brattygirl72

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Can someone please help me out!?! I updated the phone to 3.1.2 and unlocked it using BR RC3. However, I am not receiving a tmobile signal. The 3G option is turned off. Please advise.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so you DID upgrade to 3.1.2, and you DID already jailbreak with blackra1n and you DID unlock with blacksn0w... You DID turn off 3G...

Try this - try inserting the T-Mobile SIM card, then go Ito Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

Let the iPhone reboot nthen tell me if that worked.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
And rule #1 - DO NOT PANIC. It is almost impossible to brick these things, hun. EVERYTHING is just a restore away from being fixed.

We just need to figure out your signal issues, that's all.

brattygirl72

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Negative, I unable to unlock with blacksnow because blackrain does not give me the option. Under the please select packages options is says. " Please check your internet connection. (Error)" and "Uninstall blackrain." I reset the network settings and no dice. Is there somewhere else I can download blacksnow separately?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There is a way to download it separately, but you need Cydia installed and if it's an Internet issue, you can't install that either without Wi?Fi.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... You'll need it turned on to install anything from the blackra1n app on the iPhone.

However, did you ever get the message (ever) telling you that blacksn0w was installed successfully?

brattygirl72

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Okay I will turn it back on and try to install blacksnow. I remember seeing that blackrain was installed, I dont recall seeing blacksnow. If blacksnow does not come back up with the wifi then I will restore and install again. I think I should be able to handle it from here. I appreciate you help! If I need anything else I will let you know. Cheers!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wait - in order to find sn0w, you need to turn on Wi?Fi, then, on your iPhone, one of the applications will be called "blackra1n". Open that app. It will give you 3 options.

Cydia
Rock
sn0w

Tak on "sn0w" so that a green check mark appears to the right of it. Then tap "install".

You'll get a message that "sn0w" is downloading. It will auto install when it's done.

If everything goes correctly, you'll get a splash screen telling you that it was successful and that you shouldn't pay for the software.

Try all this, and keep me updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro