New iPhone Blackra1n Wont Work

sledbetter

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I just got a new iPhone 32GB from Apple and went through the process to jailbreak - it just goes back to that screen that shows the usb cable and says plug into itunes - it makes me restore. Never goes through the blackra1n process. I heard Apple changed recent models (within the last couple of weeks) that cannot be jailbroken. Is this true? Is there new jailbreak for it yet?

Thanks!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.

sledbetter

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Didnt Work

Ive tried it 3 times now - never worked. I downloaded blackra1n, ran the program and then it just gave me the usb cable and plug into itunes screen. I left it for a while and it never changed. What am i doing wrong!??? Ive done this before on a previous phone and it wasnt this hard!

Mythico

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Is the phone still being detected by itunes? I am not familiar with the tethered jailbreak but I ran into the problem you described when I had to rejailbreak my phone. If it is being detected by itunes just restore and try again. If its not let me know and and I can provide you with instructions on how I had to resolve the same problem

sledbetter

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Still not Working

Yes the phone is still being detected by itunes. Basically as soon as I run blackra1n it goes into recovery mode. I let it sit for min and it never changed - keeps saying plug into itunes. So at that point i have no choice but to do a recovery each time. I used the intructions no the Redmond website - does anyone have step-by-step instructions for tethered jailbreak. Again my phone is new and I heard the hardware cannot be jailbroken but everyone on here is saying it can - what am i doing wrong???! Thanks for all the help!

zero401

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issues too. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. After jailbreaking it and installing Cydia, I try to download Winterboard, ..the iphone requests to reset. I hit reset while it is still plugged into iTunes and it goes in recovery mode.
Please advise.

zero401

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Percypogi, thanks for the info, but that was done. Ran Blackra1n, installed Cydia, tried to download Winterboard, after installation it asks me to reboot......phone goes into recovery.

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
have you tried not freaking out? chill, its not a big deal. your phones arent bricked..

heres a trick: Take deep breaths, and look around the forum, there is an easy step by step on how the tethered jailbreak works. try restoring to factory and try again, sometimes it takes 10+ tries to jailbreak it.

@zero401: Your phone is already jailbroken...if you have cydia and its working enough for you to download it. try unplugging it before you reset your phone, and you only need respring your phone to see winterboard.

@percypogi: Though im not sure this is 100% i think you have to Plug first, then press. ~.o

giotto

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
i have the same problem. i just bought my ipod touch 2g 8gb and it wont rain:) i bought it 4 days ago.
im not a noob or anything but blackra1n doesnt rain on my i pod.
i click make it rain, it start to reboot and then it gets stuck, and blackra1n sais that its done, then itunes starts and sais that my ipod is in recovery mode.
im getting frustrated...
pls help

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
After your done blackrain you have to run it again to boot up. It even says right after your done take time to read instructions and you won't get in any trouble.. Everytime it tells you to restore just plug it in.

Greenchunks

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Percypogi, thanks for the info, but that was done. Ran Blackra1n, installed Cydia, tried to download Winterboard, after installation it asks me to reboot......phone goes into recovery.

You shouldn't have to restart to install Winterboard, just re-spring as was mentioned. If it's going into recovery, then just have it connected to your computer and re-jailbreak to reboot. It seems like your jailbreak worked fine, you're jsut having issues with Winterboard.

Sledbetter, any luck yet? As others mentioned try compatibilty mode, or run as administrator at least. Also, I usually close the ituneshelper.exe, and the other apple/itunes processes that are running even when itunes is closed. It really should be as simple as 1. plug phone into computer. 2. Launch blackra1n.exe 3. Click make it rain (the phone will restart, you will see a pic of geohot for a little while, then the phone will restart again and then you should be good) 4. launch the blackrain app that is now on your iphone and install cydia/rock/ultrasnow (if you want to unlock) from there.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't have to restart to install Winterboard, just re-spring as was mentioned. If it's going into recovery, then just have it connected to your computer and re-jailbreak to reboot. It seems like your jailbreak worked fine, you're jsut having issues with Winterboard.

Actually the last couple times I have installed winterboard it asks for a reboot, as some other apps do. I don't think he's having problems with winterboard, but as you said just needs to reboot with blackrain.

giotto

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
went to my brothers house, tried the same thing, and guess what? it still didnt work.
so, this is what i do...
i plug my ipod, right? itunes starts up, i click it off... click on blackra1n, and then click make it rain. (im using xp)
the ipod starts to shut down, the plug in the itunes start but the screen with the guy (the one that should appear) does not show! it's just a nasty black screen, and blackrain sais enjoy yours jailbraked ipod, but it isnt hacked and its jammed. i reset it and blackrain is not instaled. bummer.
i have a 8gb 2g ipod touch that was bought last friday on 3.1.2 firmware.
god damn it help me!

mickey61#IM

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
new to the iphone scene

Okay i just got my iphone 3GS on 12/15/09 i was able to run blackra1n and jail break it then install cydia but when i have to reboot the phone loads into recovery mode so i try to run blackra1n again to get the phone to boot back up but blackra1n crashes on me. What can be causing this issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro