3G still not working

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been having problems with my 3G. O2 have sent me a new sim, but still no joy. Thought it might be a prob with SBsettings, so after playing around uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, it finally worked. Now it's not again.
I've tried uninstalling SBsettings again, but still not working.
O2 are saying that the next step is a new phone.
I'm sure a full restore and re JB will prob solve it, but if I'm gonna have to start from scratch again, I may as well get a new phone (minus the scratches and a lovely fresh battery).
My question is, Apple are obviously trying to conquer the fight with the JB community and are currently shipping the phones with the new boot rom which, from what I've read, means a JB has to be tethered (re JB'd every time connected to PC). Should I wait for some bright spark out there to solve this prob?? Get the phone now?? or just not bother as it won't get sorted? Or even wait till the new rumored firmware 3.2 is resleased and cracked???

P.S. I don't really use 3G much anyway, but it's handy to have, there has been a couple of times when out and about I've needed it, but it hasn't been that urgent. Plus I'm obviously paying for free internet, so....
Cheers

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
You will most likely get a refurbed one so you might get lucky and get an older boot rom . But you never can be 100% .

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Right, worked out the problem with my 3G not working. It's SBSettings not uninstalling correctly.
When I install Bossprefs, the icon doesn't show. I've worked out that this is because SBS automatically hides the icon.
BUT...if I uninstall SBS then install Bossprefs, the icon still stays hidden, thus confirming to me that SBSettings isn't uninstalling correctly. Therefore, when I uninstall, and reinstall, it doesn't solve my 3G not working problem as there are obviously some corrupted files somewhere.
HAS ANYONE GOT IDEAS FOR ME TO FULLY UNINSTALL THIS SBSETTINGS, I CAN THEN CHECK 3G IS WORKING THEN HAVE A GO AT REINSTALLING IT, AS IT'S A GREAT UTILITY.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, bite the bullet already and restore the damned phone as new and stop trying to save your jailbreak bs. Then rejailbreak, and start over.

Danazman

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Right, worked out the problem with my 3G not working. It's SBSettings not uninstalling correctly.
When I install Bossprefs, the icon doesn't show. I've worked out that this is because SBS automatically hides the icon.
BUT...if I uninstall SBS then install Bossprefs, the icon still stays hidden, thus confirming to me that SBSettings isn't uninstalling correctly. Therefore, when I uninstall, and reinstall, it doesn't solve my 3G not working problem as there are obviously some corrupted files somewhere.
HAS ANYONE GOT IDEAS FOR ME TO FULLY UNINSTALL THIS SBSETTINGS, I CAN THEN CHECK 3G IS WORKING THEN HAVE A GO AT REINSTALLING IT, AS IT'S A GREAT UTILITY.

Be sure you read the MORE INFO on the app... NO ICON anymore.... you have to swipe the top status bar to get the sbsettings to show.... then hit more info in the lower left corner to bring up the toggles.....

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
No, the reason I said what I did was because in a prior post, everyone, much like this thread. Had suggested that he restore and rejailbreak. But instead, he didn't want to because he wants to "keep all his jailbreak stuff". So he keeps going on and on about fixing the 3G problem, but I question how important it must be to him since he's willing to sacrifice 3G data in order to not lose his jailbreak downloads.

Nevermind apps like AptBackup or Chronus.

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok Ok Ok...I get the point...re JB. Will do it over xmas.
Already have APTBackup. Does anyone have anymore tips so I don't lose anything.
Is there a way to take a photo of my screens (the icons) as I would want everything in the same order. There must be some way as my 2 year old boy often plays with my phone and on 2 occasions he has managed to take a couple of photo's of my icons ;-)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, to take screen shots, just go to the home screen you want to capture, and hold down the home button and then tap the sleep/wake button to take a screen shot. Then, take the photos off your iPhone, and store them on your computer for later viewing. As far as apt backup, that may not work. You may need to use Rock and use their "restore" features. AptBackup only works if you restore from backup, not restore as new. I believe Chronus works the same way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox