please help with Blackra1n

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok. Here is the problem. I have JBed and unlocked my friends and my wifes Iphone flawlessly and with no problems a couple of weeks ago. One was ma
3g and the other 3gs. Both were purchased at least 5 months ago as well as mine that I am having problems on.

Last night, thinking that I would have succcess with JBing and unlocking mine, I did the EXACT same thing as the previous 2 phones. I updated thru itunes, downloaded Blackra1n RC3, applied snow.

Im puzzled. Jailbreak and unlock works fine but when I attempt to install Cydia or Rock, it freezes or crashes. Most of the time, Cydia just crashes back to the springboard but Rock will freeze at "completing installation".

Please help me fix this problem. Ive re-JBed at least 5 times already and each time is the same problem. Whats going on?

grkboy782

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
simple

restore phone to defaults and do not restore from a backup. instead sync it with ur itunes because in your backup up something has obviously gone wrong. so set up as new and synce. then try it and you should be good

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Ive tried setting up as new phone but doesnt seem to help the problem. Unlocking works fine and am able to make calls and text. Its only when I try to install Cydia or Rock that the problem starts. Any other ideas to what it could be? Should I be using RC2?

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Did you turn off 3G and turn on Wi?Fi? Without an Internet connection, nothing will happen.

Yes I did. I even put my iphone in Airplane mode but that didnt help either.

After writing this thread, I made yet another attempt to make this happen but still no luck. Same thing happens when I open up Cydia for the first time. It says "reorganizing. WIll automatically close when done". It freezes on this screen for an indefinite amount of time.

Is there ANYTHING else i can try? Would Blackra1n RC2 work? Im completely puzzled as the other 2 iPhones JBed with ease and Im having so much trouble with mine.