Odd Battery Charging Behavior

Greenchunks

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
So the last few days my iPhone has been a little strange when it comes to fully charging. Frequently it wont go to 100%, but will stay at 99% or even 98% sometimes for a long time and never reach 100%. This morning, when I woke up the battery was at 96% after having been left in all night, but then I opened up a battery meter app from the Appstore (not a JB app) which only shows in 5% increments, and that read 95%. However, after closing that , it started increasing again up to 99%, but not hitting 100%.

Has anyone else experienced odd behavior like this?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Mine acts up occasionally too. I just recalibrate the battery by letting it die completely and charge it til it says 100. I usually do that a for a couple of straight cycles once a month or so. It seems to help my battery meter working correctly. And I get better battery life that way.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed is with my wife's 3G. It will "stick" at 100% for hours and hours of heavy use. I'll respring, and when I di it shows up something like 15 or 20%. Then I'll recharge an it seems to work fine.

ALSO, on her 3G, if I plug in the charger, it will always jump 4%. Example: I'll have 40% energy. I'll plug charger in, and it's at 44%. This works all the time. If I unplug ten replugged, it will go from 44 to 48%. If I unplug and replugged, it will go from 48 a 52%. All within a minute.

The only way I foud to fix this is to completely reboot the phone, and as a previous poster has said, charge to a full 100%. Once it's there, reboot again, and everything should be fine.

But yes, I've noticed tons of battery problems with the 3G only though. On my 3G, I've never had any Issues at all. Ad I'm a super power-user. *chuckle*

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro