Unlock Question

LuisT#IM

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

So I just bought an iPhone on ebay. The thing is that the phone is not unlocked and I need to use it on T-Mobile. It is the iPhone 2G 8Gigs and it says that it was updated to all the current updates that were given. I was wondering if the phone can still be unlocked from AT&T to T-Mobile? Is there any free way of doing so?

Thanks SO MUCH! And I am super excited to join the iPhone Team!

-Luis

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
JAILBREAK/UNLOCK IPHONE 2G

Don't download any firmwares from any sites. There's no need to even use PwnageTool right now either. Connect your 2G to iTunes. (Hopefully, you're running the newest version of iTunes) When it asks you if you want to update, SAY YES.

Download and install the official firmware.

Go to blackra1n.com and download blackra1n.

Click "Make it rain" and jailbreak your phone. YOU MAY NEED TO ATTEMPT THIS MULTIPLE TIMES FOR IT TO WORK CORRECTLY. Sometimes there are minor errors. Let it do it's thing. It will autodetect if it needs to 'hacktivate' you. (a/k/a activate your phone using a SIM card other than the official AT&T SIM). Be warned - when you hacktivate, your push notifictiona get all screwed up. YouTube may get screwy as well. THAT'S OK. There are fixes for this on Cydia. You can research that later.

Once blackra1n.app is installed, choose to install Cydia from the blackra1n.app on your springboard (iPhone homescreen). Once again, make sure it that you connect to WiFi first. It will be the only way you can do this if you're not on AT&T.

Cydia will ask you questions, and to update. Select "Graphical User", and "Update All". Let it restart and reboot. Once it does it's thing...

Search for "BootNeuter" in Cydia. Run that and follow all instructions to unlock your 2G.

Voil?. You're updated, jailbroken, and unlocked on the newest OS.

Hope that helped.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
More details on how to set up BootNeuter.

-In Cydia, search for the app ?BootNeuter? and install the app.
-Open BootNeuter and make sure the settings match are exactly as follows:

Version: 4.6
Neuter: On
Faceblank: Off
Baseband: Unlock

Then tap "Flash" in the upper right corner to unlock.

-Reboot your iPhone.
-Insert SIM card of your choice.
-Reboot your iPhone.
-OPTIONAL-
-If you have data or MMS problems (you can install "Native MMS 2G" from Cydia), you may want to google or wikipedia "iPhone APN Settings" to find a way to fix those issues. However, if the plan for the SIM card you've inserted does not include data, then your Internet/e-Mail/maps/gps etc won't work. You will have to add data/MMS to that SIM cards plan for them to officially work.

Enjoy your freshly updated iPhone 2G. :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can. Absolutely!

Just make sure that hm you download blackra1n on blackra1n.com it's for the Windows platform.

LuisT#IM

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Its the same same info,
Here is a direct blog link: ... . .

I saw that! Thanks. Do you approve of the method LVCIFER is mentioning?

Yes you can. Absolutely!

Just make sure that hm you download blackra1n on blackra1n.com it's for the Windows platform.

Thanks so much. The iPhone should be coming in - in about 5-6 days. The thing I have a question about is that people are telling me NOT to update my iPhone through iTunes. They said it will make the phone to not be unlockable? Can anyone confirm of this.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
That's incorrect. The iPhone 2G can ALWAYS be unlocked. So can all other models, for that matter, some are just more of a pain in the ass is all.

LuisT#IM

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Quick Question: I see there is an option with Cydia to unlock with sn0w. Does that work? And how long should the jailbreak process take?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice