Problem with cydia!

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Had this pop up occur to me last night. Don't know why but does anyone know how to fix it? I can still go into cydia and at the top it does show the status bar saying it's downloading stuff but the pop up displays again after it's done reloading and when I got to the sections, changes, or manage tabs. I don't have anything listed in either. It's just empty.

Any ideas? I unhid blackra1n and tried installing cydia again but same problem. Also rebooted, no good.

8db2fb0e.jpg

subgenious#IM

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
There's no need to do anything drastic like a rejailbreak most likely. I'm guessing you just installed a new source and it isn't working correctly? When I have this problem I SSH into the file system (I use iPhoneBrowser on my PC) and navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/lists and delete all of the files present there BUT DON'T DELETE THE "PARTIAL" SUBFOLDER. This removes all of the sources from Cydia including the bad one you probably installed and it will redownload the standard set again when you next open the application.

I've also had a particularly persistent source that keeps coming back for some reason, and if you go into /etc/apt/sources.list.d and download the cydia.list file to your desktop you can edit it to remove the bad source from the file and reupload it.

Keep in mind that when monkeying around with these files it's good to make a backup of the things you're changing. Fortunately iPhoneBrowser automatically creates an archive of anything you delete so you can always restore those files.

Let us know if this works!

jerryg#IM

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Bad URL Failure to Fetch

I'm new to the iphone and just jailbroke it yesterday. I keep getting error messages when I access cydia. Failure to fetch, Bad URL etc. You folks have talked about restoring then rejailbreaking. I assume you mean to restore through itunes. It says I will lose all my settings and data is that the restore you are refering too, and will I lose all my contacts photos music etc. Thank
Jerry

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Solution?

What you want to do is navigate to private/var/lib/apt/lists, And delete everything apart from the "Partial" folder.

that should clear the error up. restart cydia after doing that in SSH and you should be fine. youll lose any sources you manually entered though.. but those can be easily reentered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro