Can I jailbreak USA iphone to UK?

bmn#IM

Nov 3, 2008
www.bugmenot.com
Basically I'm on holiday in USA now.

I want to buy an iphone here without monthly contract, because everything is so cheap in this country :)

I will then come back to England. Can I jailbreak my iphone so that I can use it in UK?

The UK phone operator is called O2. I'm planning to put my O2 sim card into the iphone.

Will this work?
If not, what options do I have?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Quick answer is "No". Sorry.:(

You can buy one here but NOT without a contract. You could pay the ETF. Then Jailbrake. Then you would have to Unlock the phone to work on O2 network.

It just depends on whether paying the ETF is here is still cheaper than buying the phone there.:confused:

EDIT: Clarification! You can not buy an iPhone at the subsidized cheap price without a contract. You can buy one without a contract but it will be VERY expensive compared to the subsidized price!

Last edited:

Bloodkip

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Quick answer is "No". Sorry.:(

You can buy one here but NOT without a contract. You could pay the ETF. Then Jailbrake. Then you would have to Unlock the phone to work on O2 network.

It just depends on whether paying the ETF is here is still cheaper than buying the phone there.:confused:

You can play full price for the phone($600) and not sign a contract. The $200/$300 are for 2 year contracts.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget also, that buying an iPhone now you run the risk of the newest firmware that would forever leave you having to do a tethered jailbreak. I'm not sure why people think iPhones are so cheap in the US - even with the exchange rate.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2