Original Iphone unlock?

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
Ok, been out of the loop for awhile, in fact, havent upgraded my own Iphone 3g since the last 2.x update.

been reading a bit, but I bought my wife a new 3GS and wanted to unlock and sell her original Iphone,

Looks like I have to use Pwnage tool right? Doesnt look like Blackrain supports the original iphone. especially since its still on a 2.x software and baseband??

Not seeing a whole lot of stuff on the Original Iphone, was hoping to get some confirmation before I go brick this thing...

thanks so much,

Shon

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Nope, you don't need Pwnage Tool. Here is the simplest way.

-Connect your original iPhone (a/k/a "iPhone 2G") to your computer. Update to the newest operating system, 3.1.2. THIS WILL ERASE YOUR JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK. DON'T PANIC.

-Once everything is updated, go to blackra1n.com and download the blackra1n application. If you're not on AT&T, you will have to leave your iPhone connected on the "Insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone" screen instead of activating, you'll need to 'hacktivate' instead.

-Run blackra1n. Jailbreak your phone.
-After you're done, turn on Wi?Fi.
-Open up the "blackra1n" app on your iPhone.
-Choose to install "Cydia" to your phone.
-Cydia will prompt you for updates. Tap on ?Complete Upgrade? and install them all. YOU ARE A "GRAPHICAL USER".

-In Cydia, search for the app ?BootNeuter? and install the app.

-Open BootNeuter and make sure the settings match are exactly as follows:
Version: 4.6
Neuter: On
Faceblank: Off
Baseband: Unlock

Then tap "Flash" in the upper right corner to unlock. Enjoy selling your freshly updated iPhone 2G. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73