Date code-where to find?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just the 3G.

Go to Settings>General>About. Look at your "Serial Number". Ofthe 4th and 5th digits (last 2 #s before the letters start) are LOWER than 40, you can have a standard jailbreak. If they're GREATER than 40, you'll have a tethered jailbreak.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
October 09 is when it became a standard. If you got your phone before than you should be allright. If your wondering on if you will have a tethered jailbreak or not. I know I got my phone in September and I'm in the NON-tethered jailbreak class.

mcp2

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
So there won't be anything on the box or on the outside? So if I buy a 3G it's safe, I can do an un-tethered jb on it no matter what the date?

mcp2

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
You're really tempting me to get a 3GS over a 3G. Quick q, does updating the firmware after I've unlocked the phone cause it to be locked again?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes it does. The rule of thumb is that whenever Apple releases a new firmware, DO NOT UPDATE. Go to iTunes, and JUST SAY NO when it asks you to update your OS/Firmware. Wait the 2-3 weeks for the jailbreak and unlock to be released. THEN update, jailbreak and unlock your iPhone. It's a pain in the ass, but it's well worth it to be able to keep the privelage of jailbreaking and unlocking.

mcp2

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
^^That's what I'd like to know! If I buy from the Apple store, it's more than likely going to be new stock isn't it?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2