Who else is scared of what might be in 3.2

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I got a bad feeling about it. Its got anti-jailbreak written all over it. With Apple posting the new job for I guess there security team(can't remember the exact job posting title) With the newest 3GS being a tethered jailbreak only. And the long time between 3.1.2 and 3.2. Than some of the news with Apple trying to crack down on jailbreaking. I think some people have been jailbroken for so long they feel there phone is untouchable now. This update won't be good. Its like an intuition kind of thing I have I guess.

Josh

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in regards to 3.2... i will wait to see the fallout, if any, before i re-jb.
big9, i think you're right about 4.0
geohot is gonna be one busy individual.
i think i read somewhere that he has got that cracked already, its not even out yet, is this true?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
He has exploits in the current firmware that he hopes will still be around come 4.0, same with the baseband. Those exploits may be fixed by the time 4.0 comes around.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
He claims to have an exploit via hardware that will allow a door to insert the jailbreak payload. That's why he isn't working on a new jailbreak to fix the new 3G tethered jailbreak.

I don't think Apple will ever be able to completely stop a jailbreak.

It will just take the jailbreaker teams more time to find and impliment the hacks, that's all. The rule of thumb lately is that if a new iPhone OS is released, it will take between 2-3 weeks to release the jailbreak.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
in regards to 3.2... i will wait to see the fallout, if any, before i re-jb.
big9, i think you're right about 4.0
geohot is gonna be one busy individual.
i think i read somewhere that he has got that cracked already, its not even out yet, is this true?

Is that even possible? I know Apple is probaly throwing alot out at 4.0 and any new development they might be working on for the 4th generation. But the 3GS is a "New' phone, I can't see them not having a team working hard on it. Whether there working on a bad thing for us or a giant new tool to keep customers coming instead of heading over to the droid phone or something else.

Another thing to remember is alot of people don't want to buy out of a contract. With contracts being 2 year contracts, AT&T and Apple I'm sure don't want potential customers signing 2 year contracts heading over to Verizon with the 4th generation probaly coming out in 7 months. I think its a theory you gotta look at.

Work hard on the July(summer release of a non buggy bad ass Iphone 4G) but lets do something to keep the current customers or potential customers here until than

Mythico

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Now its very well possible it could be the anti-jail breaking patch I doubt it. Keep in mind as smart as the apple security team might be there is a vast community of smart people dedicated to jailbreaking. So yes its possible but apple is greatly outnumber

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Now its very well possible it could be the anti-jail breaking patch I doubt it. Keep in mind as smart as the apple security team might be there is a vast community of smart people dedicated to jailbreaking. So yes its possible but apple is greatly outnumber

Good Point, but why isn't there a fix for the tethered jailbreaks on the newer 3GS's

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2