New here and need help please !!!

travislb

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I just got a new Iphone on the telstra network (australia). Last night I tried using the Blackra1n software to jailbreak the phone. However it didn't work. Here is what happened

iphone get image on screen, tells me its going into recovery mode. Then Itunes tell me I need to install the 3.1.2 software. It then downloads the software and my phone becomes a brick til the update has installed. this then updates my iphone and resets it to factory settings. Deleting my apps, my contacts and everything else. I then needed to restore from a backup to get things working again.

Can anyone here tell me why? and is there a way to stop this from happening?

As you can imagine my iphone has not had the jail break successful yet.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Read the Blackra1n instructions - you must update your software to 3.1.2 before running Blackra1n.

travislb

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Maybe this might help

The blackra1n app tells me ''Done, wait for reboot''

but Itunes tells me ''Itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes''

Any ideas please????

feedserotonin

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The phone might take a while to reboot. Make sure you have the latest Blankra1n, I believe it's RC3. Also, as Alli said, the phone should already have 3.1.2 and be synced to your computer.

travislb

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
ok, I figured once it came up with done then it was done. Screen just went black after seeing picture of geohot. Yeah got 3.1.2 and has been synced with my pc

perhaps I will try again and leave it a bit longer

cheers

feedserotonin

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, maybe it's a PC issue. I used Blackra1n to jailbreak my 3G on the Mac and it worked perfect, just took a bit to reboot. Give it another shot and let us know!

feedserotonin

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There's no way for your service provider to know you are jailbroken, unless you enable tethering and use a lot of data and throw up a red flag (I'm not sure how Telcos work in Australia). Besides that, it's unlikely they will know.

travislb

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
First issue though....I installed winterboard from the Rock app and it told me it needed to reboot the iphone however it wants to actually restore the iphone

any ideas???

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner