Transferring save files from PC to iPhone

Robot7290

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi! In short, I'm looking for a way to transfer and use a save from the NES emulator Nester to the NES app. Nester uses a simple save file, so I'm guessing I need to do a little more for the app to identify and load it. Thank you!

Robot7290

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, maybe I should have explained in a bit more depth.

I know how to SSH, and Nester even can "see" the .sav file. The problem is, when I try to load the save, or I normally start the game and the save is not there, nothing works.

I guessed there was a formatting difference, and I know this may be a bit more emulation-related than app-related, but I figured you guys might be able to lend a hand. I know not everyone knows Nes.app like the back of their hand, but maybe someone can provide a little enlightenment. Thanks!

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Make sure the files you are transferring have full permissions so that you can read/write/and execute.

and screw SSH...I would use iPhone explorer or iFile or something other than pure SSH

Robot7290

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, permissions on the iPhone? How would I check, and then go about giving permissions? The only permissions I'm familiar with are OS-side permissions, and for me (a Windows), that's already fully taken care of.

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I guess my question is this:

Are saves from an on-computer NES emulator compatible with nes.app?

This is a great question for the designer of the app.. why dont you email him? its on the same page you downloaded the application from.

There is a big gap between pc and iphone.. not to mention a *.sav file... This could be any number of languages..C,C++,java,perl for god sakes.. fact is the iPhone just might now be able to read it..ask the creator :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2