What is the serial # cutoff for tethered IPhones Issue?

xsparky

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi there;
I was wondering what the serial number cutoffs are for the Iphones that do not have to worry about the tethered reboot or complete power off issue, due to the different bootrom.

I would like to buy another Iphone and mind as well get one that you do not have to be dependent on a PC when your battery dies.

Thanks for your help!

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Rumor is that if your 4th and 5th digit are 40 or above you may fall into that category. This is a general not a rule.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
When did you buy the Phone? If you ran right out and bought it first day you should be good . The issue is with the new apple bootloader .

xsparky

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes I know it is to do with the new boot loader. That is why I am asking for more specifics to the serial number. My Iphone that has to be tethered, on the 4th & 5th digits is 42.
I just want to know how far back in the digits a person has to go to get a non tethered jailbreak Iphone.

Thank you.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
October 2009(unofficially) is the date when they began selling the new bootrom 3G|s|'s ... i know some people who went into the store to get a 3Gs and requested to get one thats in the older stock...some got lucky and others not so much but good luck with your find...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Geohot is not currently working on this, other teams I'm sure are looking into it, but who knows when/if it will get addressed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73