New worm discovered a week ago on Jailbroken Iphones

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
This is what I found..........There has been a new worm that is targeting specifically jailbroken iPhones reported in Australia today. The worm is named after its creator Ikee.

The Ikee worm doesn?t seem to do anything harmful to the iPhone other than changing the wallpaper to the infamous Rick Astley just as an annoyance. While the worm is invasive and a nuisence I have to agree with the purpose it is driven by. It targets iPhones via SSH and spreads just like any worm would from iPhone to iPhone. But Ikee created this worm to point out how unsecure people are being

Ikee, The First Worm Targeting Jailbroken iPhones, Has Been Reported! | Planet iPhones

This is a good guide its need to be read especially for SSH

Josh

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I always find it amusing how they make something malicous and then say they only did it to show how vulnerable we are :confused: So because there is no payload then you're a good guy? why not spend the time and make a tool that changes the password for each phone and email the password to the user with instructions on how to change it? that way you would really be a good guy because you would secure the phone for the user and give the user a way to change the password themself.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I always find it amusing how they make something malicous and then say they only did it to show how vulnerable we are :confused: So because there is no payload then you're a good guy? why not spend the time and make a tool that changes the password for each phone and email the password to the user with instructions on how to change it? that way you would really be a good guy because you would secure the phone for the user and give the user a way to change the password themself.

Agreed. Hes probaly got a complex to prove how smart he is and what he can do. Kinda like what you were saying. Spend the time helping instead of hurting a phone

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Just Keep SSH off and change your default password . Also I havent heard of this spreading off of Australia.

Idont understand some people , why would want to intentionaly do something like this. I know its an exploit and you should follow with precation but some people have nothing better to do .

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2