Please Help. Jailbreak/unlock followed by unresponsive screen issues!

sososiddity

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone, I hope I?m posting this in the right forum. I tried to do a search for: intermittent touch screen, but there was nothing found.
Is it possible for a jailbreak unlock gone wrong to cause intermittent screen issues?
So here is my problem, yesterday I bought a used iphone 2g it was locked and on att network. I started the jailbreaking/ unlocking process using blackrain, but, IDK, I was having some trouble. Somehow cydia was installed on the iphone. Later I realized that the old sim card was still in there. So I took it out and decide to try the process again. I used a different program. I was successful in jailbroking unlocking my iphone 2g with a program called?pwnage, actually I used an iclarified tutorial.

Ok. So while playing with the settings I noticed that certain parts of the screen were unresponsive, that had previously been responsive. And when I say previously I mean I touched it once before and it worked. Specifically it was the ?About? selection, the ?Cellular data network? and really anything else in that ?area?. Above it is fine, below it is fine, but those spots, not so much. If I bounce my finger on it a couple of times it?ll work, but not always.

Anyways, I was thinking about ?restoring? and starting over. BUT my itunes 9. has the 3.1.2 update that everyone says not to do. So IDK?
Here is what I got from the about screen (when I was able to open it):
Network: T-Mobile
Version: 3.1 (7C144)
Carrier: Carrier 5
Modem Firmware:04.05.04_G

Also, I cant download any apps. When I click the install thing (for like facebook) it shows free, and then install, But it doesn?t actually do anything?but one thing at a time right?? PLEASE HELP! Thanks 

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The non-responsive screen you don't need to Re-JB I had the problem with my 3G just reboot should be fine. However I would suggest you re-JB just because you did it so many different ways. So if you're going to use pwnage then do the firmware and re-JB. You can do the 3.1.2 update because you have a 2G so the baseband wont get updated, and besides blackra1n works perfectly with 3.1.2 If you didn't have 3.1.2 when you tried to use blackra1n previously that is why it didn't work blackra1n works with 3.1.2

sososiddity

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ipheuria-
Thanks for responding. When you say reboot o you mean just turn the phone off and then on again? If so, it's funny that you say that because that's the only way I can really get it to work. But then it stops again/

I will re-jail break tonight.

But just to clarify- I dont have to worry about the 3.1.2 update because I have a 2g?

When I try to re jb will it ask me for the old sim to activate?
Thanks!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro