Jailbroken Iphone doesn't allow different SIM card

Daex

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm travelling overseas, I had my 3GS iphone but I decided to go with an international SIM card to save on horrific roaming charges. Unfortunately, everytime I try to put in the international SIM it says SIM FAILED, however my friend has the same model iphone, jailbroke his and is using the same companies international sim card and his works fine, I swapped our sim cards, mine always says SIM FAILED and his works with either sim.

So long story short, my iphone doesn't like new SIM cards, is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks for any and all help, much appreciated as overseas not being able to contact anyone sucks =\

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
I know you said you jailbroke the phone. but did you actually UNLOCK it? Jailbreaking and unlocking are two separate processes. (although you do have to be jailbroken in order to unlock...) The phone has to be unlocked to use sim cards from different companies.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
dragon is exactly correct. jailbreaking allows customization and access to files apple doesn't let you control, but unlocking is the process of using another SIM.

So first you jailbreak, then you unlock.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner