about to jailbreak

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I am getting ready to jailbreak, but I need to know something first. How do I get my contacts and music back on the phone? Am I going to be able to sync my phone and still use the App Store? I looked all over for the answer to this question but could not find it.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
All you have to do is "back up" your iPhone in iTunes -- when you plug your iPhone into your computer it should automatically sync, displaying "Sync In Progress" on your iPhone's screen.

Then depending on what jailbreak tutorial you use, you should have pretty exact instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone successfully and then use the files from the "back up" to restore your iPhone.

The tutorial I used from from iphonehacks.com

Good luck and enjoy!

PS -- Once your phone is jailbroken, download qTweeter from Cydia...BEST app I've downloaded thus far :D

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
After you jailbreak your music and contacts and all you apps will still be on your phone , nothing is taking off your phone when you JailBreak .

masterkjn

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
If you use pwnagetool to jailbreak, you will need to resynch all your apps and contacts back to your phone. If you use blackra1n, all you stuff remains untouched. You can still use itunes to synch contacts and app store apps like usual after being jailbroken. Only thing itunes wont backup is your jailbroken app you download from cydia.

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I just jailbroke my iphone and wanted to know how to get the different backgrounds and keypads under the letters

and also what else can I do now that my phone is jailbroken?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
To get backgrounds you need Winterboard, you can get it in Cydia. What else you can do search there are tons of threads with Jailbreak Apps, What can be done after JBing so I wont repeat what's already been written.

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
To get backgrounds you need Winterboard, you can get it in Cydia. What else you can do search there are tons of threads with Jailbreak Apps, What can be done after JBing so I wont repeat what's already been written.

I already downloaded blackra1n and the snow program, so I have to get Cydia also? are all of these free?

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded Cydia and I opended it up to get the Who Are You pop-up. What should I click
User (Graphical Only)
Hacker(+Command Line)
Developer (No Filters)

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Thats what I thought but I just wanted to make sure.. I'm new to the iphone and the whole jailbreaking. Wanted to make sure I was doing it right before I clicked anything.

AarontheRed

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
You can also use BossPaper if you are just interested in customized backgrounds for your phone. Winterboard usually handles entire themes. It is also available in Cydia. Winterboard made my iPhone 3G run too slowly, so I started using BossPaper for wallpapers. I am using WinterBoard again now that I have a 3GS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR