Not sure on redsnow, blackrain, etc and 2 quick questions

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Basically I'm think of jailbreaking my Iphone 3gs 3.1.2. For the reason of I want a custom springboard and the quickreply sms app. And the possibilities of Cydia apps. Not gonna do much else with it maybe modify the theme.

My questions are I here to many different sources, redsnow, blackrain, and other programs. I'm almost terrified of doing somethign wrong in the jailbreak process.

2nd I want to use the app store/I-Tunes for restore/update/backing up reasons still and don't want any problems with apples updates. So is this going to be an issue at all. When the next big update comes out for the Iphone 3gs.

Sorry if this has a basic talk about a million times question. Seems I've heard issues after 3.1.2. and jailbreaking.

Thanks
Josh

masterkjn

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Use blacksn0w to jailbreak. Search for a tutorial for that. Jailbreaking is very safe. It is easily reversible. If you do something wrong you can easily restore to factory settings in itunes and have you phone back to the way it was. You cannot mess your phone up during jailbreak. You can still use the app store as usual after jailbreaking. However updating to a new firmware or restoring it through ituns will cause you to loose the jailbreak. The next big update is due soon i beleive. If you jailbreak, wait till the hackers come up with a jailbreak for the new firmware before updating unless you want to loose your jailbreak.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Use blacksn0w to jailbreak. Search for a tutorial for that. Jailbreaking is very safe. It is easily reversible. If you do something wrong you can easily restore to factory settings in itunes and have you phone back to the way it was. You cannot mess your phone up during jailbreak. You can still use the app store as usual after jailbreaking. However updating to a new firmware or restoring it through ituns will cause you to loose the jailbreak. The next big update is due soon i beleive. If you jailbreak, wait till the hackers come up with a jailbreak for the new firmware before updating unless you want to loose your jailbreak.

I don't need to unlock the phone. I just need to jailbreak. So I wouldn't use black snow at all. Just Black Rain, correct ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2