Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default No Service after unlock - how to check - sim alternative? HELP PLEASE

Hi everyone, sort of a Newbie question so I apologize but I can't finding anything in the search on point.

I bought an Iphone 2g from someone w/o a sim. First I upgraded the firmware to the 3.1.2 version then used BlackRa1n to jailbreak it. I realized I wouldn't be able to unlock it so I flashed a custom firmware (iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Custom_Restore.ipsw) which automatically ran BootNeuter which again seemed to flash it in order to unlock. Phew. Anyways I'm not quite sure if it's unlocked at this point and it seems as though none of the sim cards I have can really test it out. Here is what I have

1. 2 AT&T Prepay sim cards which when I use in my Blackberry say no sim card inserted.

2. a Verizon/Vodaphone Simcard which I have in my work Verizon BB which works overseas.

3. an Orange simcard which requires a PUK/Unlock code that I don't have

So how the heck do I test if it's unlocked and if it will successfully work when I travel overseas and buy a prepay sim there? The VZW sim says No service, the ATT ones say no service, and the Orange sim wants this unlock code....I dont want to go out and buy a prepay sim here since I dont want to spend alot of money but none of my friends have anything other than att or verizon

HELP! thanks