Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

32 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Can't find location of audio files to SSH

I am using an app called iProRecorder to record audio on my iPhone. I want to SSH these files onto my computer. Any idea where these files might be located on my iPhone?

Thanks so much.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

The iPhone applications are located here:

Then there are many folders with complicated filenames. Now to find the iProrecorder folder you are going to have to click on each folder until you find it then the files would be inside /documents

Let me know if you find it

iPhone Intermediate

435 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

Check out an app called AppLinks. It will turn those complicated file names int the true names by creating a sub folder with all of them renamed. Its in Cydia.
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

I know where cycorder keeps it's recording so you might check the sound folder in the same location which I beleive is

iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Hi All,

I'm new to the iphone and am used to being able to remove any files stored on my phone by usb, so i find it strange that its been made so hard to do so. so i found a program to help me do this.

I installed a program called 'iphone explorer' and once i got used to how it worked.
    I went to the iprorecorder forum to find the root folder for iprorecorder and faced the same as all of you, no solution!
    so i took to just going through the directories and after not to long found the folder containing my recordings.

It is not hard to get to

look under this following path -

highlight and drag to a folder and in it takes seconds to transfer even large files from a 3gs to mac!
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Hey, like any other app that have file sharing enabled it should show up automatically if you install diskaid and connect your ipad.
    If you want to know if this is the case, whether you get the free diskaid, or you look in the apps section in itunes (iphone connected)...
    That should do!