Best Cydia app for in app SMS??

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm ready to buy one, I'm sick of having to stop what I'm doing, and close whatever app I'm in to respond to text messages, I think there's two on Cydia? Has anyone used either of them? If so, which one is better??

Thanks..

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
I use biteSMS and I am extremely pleased with it. Cool thing is I think you can still do a 14 day trial before actually buying the app. That way you can see if its a good fit for you.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i use QuickReply for SMS. get a pop-up while in any app. you have option to View/Close/Reply right from the pop-up. if you Reply, it sends the reply and closes the window taking you right back to the app you were using before the message. i love it!

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I too use Quickreply . nothing annouted me more of having to completly close out of what ever I was doing to reply .

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Third on QuickReply. Works great even from the lock screen. Just double tap the SMS and you can reply with out unlocking the phone.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the demo period for biteSMS, and I like it. I also have Quickreply, and it worked well for replying. (biteSMS allows you to create new SMS while in other apps in addition to the reply functionality.)

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
only thing i didn't like about BiteSMS was the setting that took over my volume-up button. instead of volume control it became a shortcut for creating a new SMS message. honestly, i never spent much time trying to figure out if i could change it or not. just deleted and moved on.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And I'm so glad I read this thread, cause I'd forgotten this was the app I purchased and just re-installed it (having restored my iPhone yesterday). I also love it!

ElmhurstTom

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to get this app in Cydia through sinfuliphone.com and I keep getting a message that says, "NetDB: Open nodename nor servname provided, or not known" Anybody know what this is and how I can get around it?

Thanks!
Tom

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I agree with loudrims, i always try to purchase through Rock as well. With your sign-in ID, it saves everything you download or purchase so if you have to restore, you can just sign in and restore from your last backup they have on their server. Pretty neat.

And to the topic, QuickReply for SMS is by far the best app I think I've ever downloaded productivity wise. It's something Apple should have implemented from the beginning. I seriously don't think I could live without it now. I don't know how I went over 2 years switching between apps everytime I got a text. It's annoying. QuickReply for SMS is a must have for iPhone users who send tons of texts.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I've been using the 3.0 beta for iRealSMS without any issues. I like it alot. Glad they are getting the bugs worked out, since I missed it. The final release should be a bit better than biteSMS, never tried "QuickReply" so can't comment there.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I've been using the 3.0 beta for iRealSMS without any issues. I like it alot. Glad they are getting the bugs worked out, since I missed it. The final release should be a bit better than biteSMS, never tried "QuickReply" so can't comment there.

On the iRealSMS website, it says to purchase its 13 bucks, that's kind of steep/ridiculous isn't it? QuickReply for SMS is only 2.99

Hmmm, it looks like it's a cool program that does about the same thing that QuickReply does, but for a lot more expensive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2