need alot of help

ILLEGALVENOM

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i have i first gen iphone it has 3.1.2 firm ware on it. i want to jail break and unlock it. ive been reading post but they all usually say 3g 3.0. i m guessing 3.0 means firm ware idont really know pls help:confused:

thebeerbaron83

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
check out blackra1n.com also search the forums for blackra1n and i believe the unlock for it is blacksnow, but i'm pretty sure you get blacksnow through blackra1n. there are alot of how to's out there if you search.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes. You will need two applications. You go to blackra1n.com and download tht program to jailbreak.

Once you're jailbroken and your iPhone has restarted, open the "blackra1n" app on your iPhone. Install "Cydia".

Once Cydia installs, go through the motions. Follow all of it's prompts. Let your phone reboot.

Open Cydia again, and then do a search for "BootNeuter". That will be how you unlock your original (2G) iPhone.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

ILLEGALVENOM

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ok i downloaded blackra1n ran it .but it been running for a while any ideas it rebooted .the pic on the phone is just the white cable with arrow at itunes . the tut said it would be a pic of black rain . help ?

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried some of the common fixes?

1. Make sure iTunes and the background process is not running.
2. Save blackra1n.exe to C: drive and run it from there.
3. If on Vista or Win7, run as Administrator and XP Compatibility Mode.

I had the same issue and what worked for me was changing the usb port from the front of the pc to the back.

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
After jailbreaking - launch blackra1n and install Cydia.

Once Cydia is installed - launch the icon and it acts just like the App Store except for jailbroken apps.

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by free apps - some are free and some charge for the app. Just go to Cydia and/or Apple app store and buy them there. If they're free, then you won't be charged.

For instance, Categories is free but CategoriesSB is $0.99

If you're looking for paid apps for free, that's not allowed here on the forums.

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Once you install Cydia, most of the apps will be available and the source you need is already set up. Are there specific apps you're looking for?

In Cydia, check out the Featured Apps when Cydia first loads by clicking on Featured Packages. You can also click on Sections at the bottom and browse the apps by category.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR