iPhone and Edge speeds

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I have too use my iPhone thru Tmobile so Edge for my Internet is the only option. Just performed a speed test and it showed a snail like speed of 140-160 Kbps. What is the average Edge speeds that you guys are getting? Any way to improve Edge speeds?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You might as well use smoke signals for all the worthless crap Edge is. Edge is pathetic. It's about the same speed as a 1200 baud modem I used to have.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Why always the hate for edge? I don't know about AT&T but up here on Rogers edge is pretty usable. I haven't tried a spee test but I can watch YouTube videos pretty quickly maybe a 30 - 40 second wait for a 5 minute video.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Why always the hate for edge? I don't know about AT&T but up here on Rogers edge is pretty usable. I haven't tried a spee test but I can watch YouTube videos pretty quickly maybe a 30 - 40 second wait for a 5 minute video.

Well, EDGE is really slow, that's why. It's so slow, my wife, as well as all my colleagues at work tell me they never even want to use their browsers on their phone because of how slow EDGE is. I just ran a test by looking at a video on YouTube, and at 3G speeds, a 5 minute video took 13 seconds to load, so it's about 3 times faster than EDGE.

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Edge is so slow, that I can barely get a weather update on my iPhone or it will time out. That's pathetic and ATT Witless should be ashamed of having a service like that. 3G, on the other hand, is fast. No complaints there.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I didn't find AT&T Edge to be that terrible, I was able to surf the web and do everything I needed to do. That being said, I won't willingly go back. Luckily my part of KS has excellent 3G coverage.

heckt51

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
whats the beef?? you don't remember your phone in a bag and MAYBE being able to call someone? things get better all the time tech is growing daily love to be able to call world wide

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73