Unlocked Iphone 3g, 3.1.2, disabled after upgrade...HELP PLEASE!

tracykristin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone!

If someone could please help me out today it would be greatly appreciated - i am so stuck and cant find a clear, uncomplicated answer anywhere. I see that this is a common problem but there are SO many answers and variations of each problem that i cant find my exact specifications or details anywhere.

Here is my story:

Bought an unlocked, jailbroken iphone last week:
- 3G
- 16gb
- Used with T-mobile
- Was using Cydia & Winterboard to modify design
- Was working perfectly, only thing that didnt work was wifi

Last night i download some games (jeopardy, snood, etc.) through the app store in itunes on my macbook osx (tiger). For some reason once I bought them and synced the iphone and itunes, only the jeopardy transferred to my iphone. I was fooling around and trying to sync and re-sync, and then....

Then i made the dumbest mistake ever!

itunes prompted me to upgrade to 3.1.2.

I went ahead and upgraded (STUPID), and then itunes gave me the error that "The sim card used with this iphone does not appear to be supported." GREAT!

I started googling and read that I should try to do a Restore by holding down the HOME button and the On/off/sleep button while plugged into my laptop.

HOWEVER, before I did this, I did check the Settings in my iphone and it said that i WAS operating with 3.1.2

After I attempted a Restore, my iphone then got locked in the USB/tunes/Emergency calls only screen that everyone loves so much.

So now I cant get onto my iphone, and I cant access it through itunes either. AWESOME!

This is my only phone and i use it for work so if i dont have this fixed by this afternoon i will probably be sent to the guillotine.

- I am reading that I need to install Pwnage and attempt to jailbreak the 3.1.2 now. HOWEVER, on one forum (dev-team blog) it says:

"If you?re already jailbroken (by whatever means), you don?t need to mess around with DFU mode at all. Just create (or get from a friend) your custom IPSW and Option-Restore (Shift-Restore on Windows) to it via iTunes. Don?t enter DFU mode at all."

Is this something that applies to me because i was already jailbroken on 3.0.1??

I am totally confused.

If someone can be kind enough to give me step-by-step instructions for dummies on how to remedy this i would be sooo appreciated. Im screwed right now!

Thanks so much for your help...

Tracy

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
My brother has exactly the same problem but we have no access to a mac. Is there a tutorial out there for unlocking a 3g (already JB'd) running 3.1.2 for windows?

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Yeah your going to need to hacktivate it so use blackra1n for mac and it should hacktivate when it prompts you to check off installers choose cydia and sn0w, sn0w will unlock it and your tmobile sim should work fine just remember to to turn off 3G

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2