just JB'ed, have some questions... ? ? ?

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone... i just JB'ed my 3Gs 32GB, with Blackra1n... i am on firmware 3.1.2 ...

i'm fairly new to this, but am very technical (windows, sorry )

i have a few questions:

1) I was sorta having 2nd thoughts and deleted the blackra1n icon from the iphone. How do i get that back? i tried to JB again, but it didn't install it. It still has Cydia, which still works.

2) If i decided to unJB, and go back to normal phone, would i just do a "RESTORE" from iTunes? not restore from backup, but the actual Restore, which reloads the 3.1.2 firmware...

3) Since i was a moron, and deleted the blackra1n icon, i tried to do the blacksn0w unlock, but can't find it through cydia, .. can you point me to where it is..

4) Any tips or suggestions on software to download? as of now, i have Cydia, GV Mobile, WinterBoard, and Backgrounder... anything else?

I thank you all in advance for any help, and look forwarding to learning about the benefits of JB..

Thanks,

-Frank

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
To get blacksn0w you need to add blackweather as a source.

I'm not sure how to get the blackra1n icon back. Maybe someone else here knows.

If you want to rid yourself of the jailbreak you can do a restore from backup though a restore as new phone is recommended.

I don't use many jb apps to be honest but I really love Reminder/Notifier. It has made it easier for me when I miss a text or call.

fmtek

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
To get blacksn0w you need to add as a source.

I'm not sure how to get the blackra1n icon back. Maybe someone else here knows.

If you want to rid yourself of the jailbreak you can do a restore from backup though a restore as new phone is recommended.

I don't use many jb apps to be honest but I really love Reminder/Notifier. It has made it easier for me when I miss a text or call.

Thank you..

i just found out about adding Blackra1n as a source, and i was able to run the Blacksn0w unlock... i just need a T-Mobile SIM card to see if it worked...

I was thinking of just doing a restore as a new phone if i want to back out, i think that's safer ...

as for apps, i just bought 3g unrestrictor, and i've never been happier, .. my slingbox finally works at my job.. which does not provide wifi... ... this should make the graveyard shift a little better :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW