Ok, have couple final questions before I JB...
Been tempting to jailbreak since I got my 3GS 2 weeks after launch date. After convincing myself not to do it, I got tempted again by the sweet features and benefits of having a jailbroken iPhone. I just got a few questions before I do it in the next hour. I'm with AT&T so I have no intentions of unlocking the phone, just want to jailbreak.
1. I've seen that the JB 3GS boots up almost as fast as a nonJB 3GS with only 3-6 secs apart, doesn't bother me one bit. Now, does having a JB 3GS kill battery faster than a nonJB?
2. Now, which installers should I be recommended to have when JB'ing? Cydia, Rock, or Icy? Whats the difference between them?
3. I'm going to be using BlackRa1n's JB since I have the 3.1.2 (7D11) firmware. So which websites has the confirm software BlackRa1n download by GeoHot? Don't want to risk bricking my phone.
4. I want to change the theme of my phone, is Winterboard the only software that has these selections? And can I access Winterboard from either Rock, Icy, or Cydia?
5. I know not to update my phones via iTunes until there's an official JB release for that new firmware but will syncing my 3GS to iTunes (for music and such) be any different?
6. Can I still download apps from the Apps Store? I have iMobsters, Vampires Live, etc., so after I JB my 3GS, will all that data be erased? And if I have JB applications downloaded from either Cydia, Icy, or Rock to my 3GS, will I still be able to back-up those JB apps when I sync to iTunes or will only Apps Store apps be backed-up?
Appreciate anyone that can answer any if not all the questions before I come over to the dark side...