Do i need to run blackrain everytime i power down the iphone?

gizmo_420

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm not talking about any form of priacy.....I just don't like the limitations of a stock device, and would like to get the most out of my iPhone.....can't anyone help?

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Download blackra1n and attempt the jailbreak. I haven't heard of a specific model that is not supported by balckra1n RC3. A friend bought a brand new stock 3GS this past Sunday and I jailbroke it last night with no issues whatsoever.

gizmo_420

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Download blackra1n and attempt the jailbreak. I haven't heard of a specific model that is not supported by balckra1n RC3. A friend bought a brand new stock 3GS this past Sunday and I jailbroke it last night with no issues whatsoever.

Well it says earlier in this thread that I may have to wait for a newer version because of my serial number......I'm just really afraid that I'm going to wreck my phone......and if I did I think I would cry

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
u should be fine gizmo, the only issue is with the new devices that shipped out after Oct2009. Those people have to reJB everytime they shut off or their 3Gs

or if the iphone battery dies of course...

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes with the 3gs or iPod touch 3g they the newer ones have an updated bootrom and they need to be booted with blackra1n hopefully in a month or two they can do an untethered jailbreak.

Szadipapa

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi All

I am writing form Europe, Hungary.
I also bought a new Iphone 3GS 4 day ago. I tried to jailbreak but it wasn't successful. When I boot my phone, it alway need to have Itunes.

When do you think, GEHOT makes a new blackra1n???

I wait for it!!!

tinmontreal

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Hello

i bought my iphone 3GS from Fdio week 44 (4th and 5th digit of serial number 44), before i jailbreak it and restore it from itunes, were any > 41 models come with 3.1.2 or they come with lower firmware? i forgot to check before i did restore from itunes

could not find this info online

thanks

louie111887

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
same here

i had the exact same problems with my 16gb 3gs. everytime i turned it off it would mess up and i would have to restore the darn thing. but now that i read this i wont try to jailbreak it again. It's a pain in the a** to having to put in all my contacts on my phone every time this happens. i hope the developers figure it out thought.Because once you've jailbroken your iphone/ipod, having that dull black theme just isnt the same lol.

louie111887

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
same thing happened to me, i thought i was the only one. i just bought my iphone a few days ago also. it sucks, once you've had custom themes with the jailbroken version phone, the stock iphone theme just feels so boring lol

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand why people get annoyed that blackra1n is a tethered JB for some people. I have never turned off my phone ever and if it ever starts to lag, I just "free memory" usuing SBSettings. I have JB a couple phones for friends that are on the new bootrom and I have told them not to let the battery run out or power down. It has been over a month and they are still going strong without me having to re-JB for them.

Also, you shouldn't have to re-enter all your contacts. iTunes should back them up automatically and when you re-sync it should copy them back to your phone.

louie111887

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
how do i get my contacts to be synced automatically like that? i just have my iphone set to manually sync cause i plug it in to different computers. thanks for the help

Greenchunks

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I successfully applied the blackra1n jailbreak to my phone (S/N 42) the other day and I am fully aware of the tethering issue. I don't plan on turning the thing off or having the battery die, however I just want to be sure I know exactly what to do should that happen. My question is this: Say I turn off the phone, or the battery dies. When I reach a computer with blackra1n on it, is this the correct process?
1. Plug in phone to computer
1a. Should I power on the phone at this point, or leave it off?
2. Run blackra1n.exe
3. Allow blackra1n to re-jailbreak, then let phone charge or turn back on.

I know that blackra1n creates a backup of your phone before applying the jailbreak. So am I correct in assuming that no data will be lost when re-applying the jailbreak? Also, should the phone restart itself (say some app causes it) and I am not near a computer, my iphone will resort to the esb>itunes screen. When I return to a computer, can I just connect it and run blackra1n, or will the iphone need to be restored first, then re-jailbroken.

Sorry for all the Q's, I'm jsut trying to learn as much as possible so I can deal with any issues should they arise, or simply avoid them altogether.

Blastfurnace

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Good Questions

Green,

Great questions. I am am reading and reading trying to find as many answers as I can without making posts that will bring down the "do your research!" responses.

I hope someone will answer you because I too would like these answers. I have yet to JB my phone. I have alot of 'stupid' questions like...
Can I use my old Apple App store apps?
can I get apps from the App store that are free with a JB iphone? Or do I have to avoid the App store and use only cydia?

Will syncing my JB with Itunes de-JB me?

My serial number 4th and 5th is 39. 3.1.2 (7D11)

I await someones answering of your questions Green and I thank you for asking them.

Blastfurnace

Greenchunks

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Green,

Great questions. I am am reading and reading trying to find as many answers as I can without making posts that will bring down the "do your research!" responses.

I hope someone will answer you because I too would like these answers. I have yet to JB my phone. I have alot of 'stupid' questions like...
Can I use my old Apple App store apps?
can I get apps from the App store that are free with a JB iphone? Or do I have to avoid the App store and use only cydia?

Will syncing my JB with Itunes de-JB me?

My serial number 4th and 5th is 39. 3.1.2 (7D11)

I await someones answering of your questions Green and I thank you for asking them.

Blastfurnace

Yes, you can use your old AppStore Apps, they will still all be there after you jailbreak. The AppStore still functions exactly the same for getting free or paid for apps. There is no change.
Syncing will not undo the jailbreak, and syncing your apps will not remove any of them. In iTunes it simply doesn't recognize those apps (via Cydia/Rock) and therefore does not back them up. There are programs and methods to backing up your JB apps as well.
Also, I believe that since your S/N is 39, you can probably don't need to be tethered for the jailbreak, but someone else should chime in on that (for S/N 40 and above, you have to be tethered when doing a restart of the phone, or when it powers down completely)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2