Stuck in Recovery Mode

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to start another "having issues JB'ing" thread, but I couldn't find an answer elsewhere.

What I have:
3GS on 3.1.2
Windows XP

I tried the first JB last night w/blackra1n RC1 but couldn't get it working. Tried rebooting my PC, restarting the phone, restarting iTunes (9.0.1), but no go. I tried again tonight using RC2, and still no go.

The first time I had sync'd my phone all-out before the JB, so tonite I just restored the firmware but did not sync. I have copied blackra1n.exe to C:\, and ran it there, but no joy. I try to Make it Rain, and all I get is the iTunes restore screen. blackra1n is "entering recovery..." No matter how long I leave the phone, I never see GeoHot's picture. I ended the ituneshelper & ipodservice processes before attempting to JB, but I'm still looking at the damn restore screen.

I think this is the 4th or 5th attempt, and I'm flummoxed. Any ideas or links are much appreciated.

Last edited:

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Someone mentioned in other threads to put ur phone in airplane mode. Did you try that? There was also someone saying to hook and rehook the phone somewhere in that process. U might try more research in these threads. There are alot of ideas around.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Thank GOD, I finally got it to work. I put my phone into airplane mode, ran blackra1n.exe from C:\ after shutting down all Apple services, but was still stalled in "entering recovery...". I held power + home, released power when I saw the apple but got nothing. Unplugged & replugged the USB, then tried the above, and voila!

Just got Cydia installed, aptbackup is next. Thanks for the reply sargd, that got me going in the right direction. I also found some good info here.

Hope this helps someone else stuck as I was. Happier now :D

Edit: BTW sargd, gratz on the Steelers beating the heretofore undefeated Vikes. Didn't see the game, but that's no small feat.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Glad you got it goin. Jb is a great place to be, I will never go back. There are alot of good people in this forum that help out with issues. Thanks for the congrats on my Steelers!!

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm with you on the JB. I had 3.0.1 jailbroken, and was not going to upgrade (for fear of difficulty in re-JB'ing), but a couple of my fave app's were updated to only be compatible w/3.1+. Hence my jump to 3.1.2, and quasi-panic in not being able to regain the JB til tonite.

Best of luck the remainder of the NFL season! PIT has as good a chance as any to repeat. Classy organization, classy fans, hard not to like 'em...(unless you live in BAL or CLE ;) )

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73