iPhone 3g JB 3.0.1. I was downloading a package via Cydia when the phone rebooted in the middle of the download. Now Cydia won't launch - it tries but always goes back to the SB.

I've searched the forums and the interwebs but I'm really not sure what to do. Can I just re-install Cydia from somewhere or will it require a re-JB?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
    10-22-2009 12:20 PM
    iPhone 3g JB 3.0.1. I was downloading a package via Cydia when the phone rebooted in the middle of the download. Now Cydia won't launch - it tries but always goes back to the SB.

I've searched the forums and the interwebs but I'm really not sure what to do. Can I just re-install Cydia from somewhere or will it require a re-JB?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
    Just re-jailbreak would be my suggestion. You shouldn't have to restore or anything. Just re-run whatever method you used before. If a file was corrupt or damaged, that should repair it. If it still acts up, then yes, restore and re-jailbreak.
    10-23-2009 02:16 AM
    Thanks for the reply iMuggle. I went ahead and re-JB and lost a few things but at least Cydia is back now...
    10-23-2009 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD