How are 3GS being unlocked that are sold on eBay?

imeanwire

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I've purchased a brand new iPhone 32g 3GS running the 3.1 Firmware with 5.11.7 and been waiting patiently to unlock so I can use it with T-Mobile.
What I don't understand is how are the iPhones that are sold on eBay already unlocked? Is it because they are over seas? I've seen iPhones 3GS that are sold here in the states and claims that they are already unlocked. I know I don't want to fork out $900.00 for an unlocked iPhone 3GS. Does anybody think that the iPhone 3GS will be able to be unlocked at all, scary seeing that Apple has gotten so good at making their products so that they can't be unlocked. I know that I want to use my new iPhone 32f 3GS real bad :(
Thanks!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some of the earlier 3Gs' still had the 24k exploit which meant they could be jailbroken and unlocked. The phones you are seeing on ebay are either those early models released here in the U.S. or foreign models that are sold unlocked by Apple.....people want big bucks for those.

Wait patiently for the community to develop hack for the new phones. It will happen. Nothing is hacker-proof. Just give it a little time.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
What lungho said.

Basically, they were unlocked and jailbroken before 3.1 and did custom firmware upgrades to get to 3.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR