iPhone changed name

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
This may not be a pure JB question, but it's not necessarily a general help topic. Since doing an upgrade to 3.1.2 on my JB 3GS, my iPhone has changed name. It used to be labeled with my first name. Now it displays as "iPhone" in iTunes. I have all of my apps and data and all is well, but for some reason I feel that I should label my phone less generically. Is there an easy way to rename the device?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're on Windows, just right click the iPhone name in iTunes and rename it, just as you would rename a file name.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes- right clicking on the name of the iPhone where it displays in the tree on the left side of iTunes does not offer an option to rename.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Does the iPhone know its own name or is the name simply an alias for the EIN/ESN? Is it possible for the same iPhone to have different names on different instances of iTunes?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Does the iPhone know its own name or is the name simply an alias for the EIN/ESN? Is it possible for the same iPhone to have different names on different instances of iTunes?
Disk drives do not know their own names. A drive may have different names on different systems at the same time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox