How to update a jailbroken Iphone?

KOTEHOK

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I currently have a jailbroken 3G Iphone (3.0 OS) and would like to update to the newest 3.1.2 (using Blackra1n). Is there any way I can do it without having to restore to original settings, updating, and rejailbreaking it again? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I currently have a jailbroken 3G Iphone (3.0 OS) and would like to update to the newest 3.1.2 (using Blackra1n). Is there any way I can do it without having to restore to original settings, updating, and rejailbreaking it again? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Nope...u will need to do everything all over again and also u will lose your unlock

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't think you have to do everything over again. According to this tutorial (Jailbreak iPhone 3GS with Firmware 3.1 on Windows | Redmond Pie ), you can just restore from the jailbroken backup and you'll be good to go (assuming you had backed up all of your settings, etc). I have not tried this yet, but am hoping that's the case. I am looking to upgrade from a jailbroken 3GS on 3.0.1 to a jailbroken 3GS on 3.1.2.

Has anyone done this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro