Theme Issues on 3.1.2?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3G S, I jailbroke 3.1.2 with blackra1n.

I had illumine, iGlassSol and a bunch of other themes before, and now it seems like everything went to crap!

Illumine no longer resizes my icons, and the iGlassSol overlay doesn't even work anymore. What a bunch of crap. If I can't get a decent theme to work and have ALL the icons uniform, this is pointless to me.

Yeah, I like having my other stuff too but this is retarded. Anyone else know why this is happening?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Alright so I just caught wind that using blackra1n could be what is causing the problem.

Restoring now and going to re-jailbreak with PwnageTool this time. We'll see what happens w/ that.

Sigh...

I'll report back, if this issue was already posted, sorry.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm jb on blackra1n. I just installed both these themes and they worked just fine. They look the same as they did when I was jb on redsn0w.

Corrina

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3G S, I jailbroke 3.1.2 with blackra1n.

I had illumine, iGlassSol and a bunch of other themes before, and now it seems like everything went to crap!

Illumine no longer resizes my icons, and the iGlassSol overlay doesn't even work anymore. What a bunch of crap. If I can't get a decent theme to work and have ALL the icons uniform, this is pointless to me.

Yeah, I like having my other stuff too but this is retarded. Anyone else know why this is happening?

Had the SAME problem with my 3G! Alit and Illumine both tweaked some (but not all) of my icons, then they stayed that way even after I deleted them. I had to restore and re-jailbreak to fix it, twice. I've avoided both of them since and have just tweaked a theme I like and made my own icons for it. WAY better. Curious about blackra1n being the problem.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i had a problem with my '5icon dock' and with 'winterboard'...yes i said 'winterboard...when i tried to DL WB, it froze on me when i rebooted but i re-JB and they are working fine now

took me 7 attempts to get this thing running the way i want it to

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Alright, found a fix for this. It isn't necessarily a 3.1.2 issue, I think it's an iTunes issue, and how the pointer is caching icons on the newer versions.

I spent like 2 hours SSH'ing into my phone trying to find a fix, and I did! (Then I googled it and realized it was posted on macrumors already, i suck :(

either way, if your icons are not sizing like they should, it's because the icon mask isn't working properly, so as a temporary fix until the dev can release an update that fixes the issue, SSH into your phone, and navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches

you'll see a folder called SpringboardIconCache - go into that folder, highlight EVERYTHING and delete it. Then delete the folder itself (it won't let you delete the folder most of the time if there are contents in it, so delete the files inside it, then the actual folder)...then respring your device and voila, it should work.

this should work for ANY theme that uses an icon mask. at least until the creators fix the issue or patch it.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
iMuggle, your solution worked for me too. Thanks

No problem. I guess the dev tweeted on it saying it's an issue with the icon masks and how the file system now points to it, which changed after new versions of iTunes and firmware upgrades. I'm sure it'll get an update soon, but for now, that's a quick fix if you know how to SSH.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I just tried your method and it's not working for me at all. Every time indelete th items an respring, nothing happens. I exit and reenter, and the folder and all of it's contents is right back there again.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Alright, found a fix for this. It isn't necessarily a 3.1.2 issue, I think it's an iTunes issue, and how the pointer is caching icons on the newer versions.

I spent like 2 hours SSH'ing into my phone trying to find a fix, and I did! (Then I googled it and realized it was posted on macrumors already, i suck :(

either way, if your icons are not sizing like they should, it's because the icon mask isn't working properly, so as a temporary fix until the dev can release an update that fixes the issue, SSH into your phone, and navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches

you'll see a folder called SpringboardIconCache - go into that folder, highlight EVERYTHING and delete it. Then delete the folder itself (it won't let you delete the folder most of the time if there are contents in it, so delete the files inside it, then the actual folder)...then respring your device and voila, it should work.

this should work for ANY theme that uses an icon mask. at least until the creators fix the issue or patch it.

Wow, I had this problem since updating to 3.1.2 last week as well, I use the Mobilepod theme just to re-size my icons so they aren't so big and I can see my wallpaper, I just tried that and it worked great, and was quick and easy, thanks!!

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The hell with that, I'll just fire up Photoshop and create my own icons and SSH them in. Takes a hell of a lot less time than a restore.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
The hell with that, I'll just fire up Photoshop and create my own icons and SSH them in. Takes a hell of a lot less time than a restore.

Photoshopping icons? lol That takes MORE time.

After you delete everything in the folder, are you deleting the folder itself as well? That makes a difference.

And also, do you have a theme that resizes icons active when you do this? That's key. Otherwise that folder probably wouldn't matter anyways.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2