Internet Tethering 3gs 3g 2g w/ 3.1.2

wAnted

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, i kinda stumble on some cool features that ROCK offered after we jailbreak'd our iphones. My iphone was 3.1 until i updated 3.1.2 (restore) for JB purposes. Tether has been gone since 3.1 but i found a way to get it back! It works!

1) JB iphone on fw 3.1.2 Carrier 5.6
2) install rock and or cydia *icy kinda sucks... it bricked my iphone*
3) open rock and you will see mywifi as a featured app or last updated app.
4) make rock id or log in *free* for the 10day trial.
5) dl and it will auto soft reset.
6) DONE!!!!! :D:D:D;)

You don't have to launch the app ($9.99 after 10 days) at all! It enables the stock iphone tethering under settings > network!:eek: have fun! :cool::cool::cool:

wAnted

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
lol sure. Want some pics? i can take a pic of my iphone *about* and while tethering... i did 6mb of music from my iPhone 3gs > pc usb.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Looks like a great app, but unless there is more than one similar app in Cydia, search for "mywi". It creates a wifi hotspot and doesn't require the configuration of an ad hoc network. Note that the description indicates that it's incompatible with 3.1, but when one looks at the change log, the app was updated on 10/15 to be compatible. The developer just needs to go back and update his intro..

Minhala

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I read this on another forum as well....I'd be interested to see if this MyWi hack works on all 3.1 3Gs phones. I still have the factory tethering since I stayed on 3.0 (for mostly that reason) but I have friends stuck on 3.1 that miss it. It might actually make them take the plunge into jailbreaking. :)

Gennew

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't work for me. It asks me to reboot and respring everytime when I try to enable wifi tethering. Even the default iPhone tethering over USB and Bluetooth doesn't work. My phone says I am tethering, but strangely I then am unable to access any data through my phone like from Safari. I have a jailbroken 3GS running 3.1 with the latest carrier file. I also have PDA Net, which MyWi made me to uninstall, and it always has worked flawless for me. I'd like to use the iphone's built in tethering capability, but for whatever reason I can't get it working.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
It is called MyWi, just installed it no problem. I'll post in 10 days if I can still tether without paying the $10.

iamldash

Sep 9, 2009
www.twitter.com
instead of mywi i use PDAnet...i just installed it this morning and only gave it a test run, but it worked fine wifi style with my macbook...

oh and i have a 3gs 3.1.2 jb w/ the fabulous blackra1n

thebeerbaron83

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
For those of you having problems you must first of all have rock app installed and you must set up an account through the app. If installing myfi did not already install rock app you can get from your blackra1n app. after that run myfi and set it up. If for some reason it broadcasts a signal but will not allow you to connect to the internet on your PC you must restart your iPhone. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2