Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

425 Posts
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

Default Dev-Team vs. Blackra1n

Is the Dev-Team still working on a windows JB solution for 3.1.2 or will they drop the project since Blackrain is out? I have a high level of comfort with the thoroughness of the Dev-Team's work. With no disrespect intended blackrain comes from a somewhat unproven source or one with less history of JB development.
    iPhone Intermediate

435 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

Blackra1n has worked without a glitch. I could not be happier with it. This doesn't answer your question but might help with your comfort level.
    iPhone Beginner

58 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Correct me if im wrong but how is it a unproven source if im pretty sure he was the first person to jailbreck a iphone
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

From what I've read Geohotz is very proven. However blackra1n at current is a JB and requires you to upgrade to 3.1.2 which would upgrade your baseband so it's not really an option for unlockers or people who like to keep the unlockability. I heard Dev-team was working on a pwnage tool for Windows but I do my JBing on Mac so I don't keep up to date with news like that so can't tell you anymore than that sorry.