iPhone 3G Firmware 2.2.1

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
NEW QUESTION:

When I try to jailbreak my ipod, it says "Preparing your device- please follow the instructions above". It is supposed to be entering recovery mode, so I can then put it in DFU mode. However, QuickPwn never puts my iPhone into recovery mode and just says the above quote over and over. Anybody know why? I know of at least one other person having this problem.

Last edited:

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Oh thats cool. I also want to know if you have to restore my iPhone to a clean 2.2.1 like with my old ipod touch. In the guide it seems as if you don't have to. Please post anything else I need to know :p

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Like the person before me said the baseband upgrade is 3.1 and above firmware. When you JB your phone will be wiped clean. So you should sync and backup your iPhone before JB. After your JB you restore from your last backup.

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Oh thanks. The How To guide says to use itunes 8. since mines is over, is it okay? and if i follow the guide, it should still work right? no changes needed? I'm also confused about what Installer is. I know that you use Cydia to download Installous for apps, but what does Installer do?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well because you're using older firmware, Installer was Cydia in the older firmware. If you have newer iTunes you might not be able to upgrade to lower firmware. So make sure you have all the info before you start.

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well because you're using older firmware, Installer was Cydia in the older firmware. If you have newer iTunes you might not be able to upgrade to lower firmware. So make sure you have all the info before you start.

On my itunes, i recently upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.2.1 so I should be able to. And since Installer is Cydia in the older firmware, I only need Cydia right?

And to jailbreak I use: QuickPwn225-2 right?

Last edited:

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I began to jailbreak my iPhone, however, at the part where it goes to recovery mode, its taking a very long time, 20 minutes+. Anyone know why?

Should i restart my cpu and try again?

Last edited:

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I restarted but Quickpwn still just keeps trying to load my iPhone into recovery mode, but it never starts. Anybody know why? :O restarted cpu already

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
when i did mine it took awile at first then worked the second time like a charm,also when i jb my 3gs on vista w redsnow 8 i kept all my info apps everything

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I tried again, still no progress, tommorow im going to leave restore it to 2.2.1 again and then try again, and let it try to load until i try to sleep.

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Oh wait, I have a question. When it says Preparing your device- please follow the directions above, do I just hold the home button down and etc, or do I have to wait till it tells me to

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice