- iPhone Intermediate
- 118 Posts
I want to back up all my JB apps and save-states before I update to 3.1.2...
How do I go about doing this? I currently have a 3GS jailbroken on 3.0 and want to use blackra1n, but I don't want to lose my JB apps or savestates. Is there an easy program to open SSH into my phone and just drag and drop the JB files & save files? And where would they be located?
Thanks a lot, all!
- 10-12-2009, 10:56 AM #2
If you're currently JB get Appbackup in Cydia that will backup your JB apps. Once you upg and JB get the app and restore. You can also use Iphone Explorer(Mac) or DiskAid(Windows) to browse your phone through USB. We would need a list of your apps to know where the data would be so that might be difficult.
- 10-12-2009, 01:17 PM #3
- 10-13-2009, 08:35 AM #4
I used this method originally posted by shutter a while back and it worked out fine. 1) Use Pkgbackup from cydia to save your cydia packages, then sync with iTunes (Pkgbackup backs up yur cydia packages list to a contact on your iPhone)
2) Use Chronus from cydia to back up app store (and stock) apps with user data then ssh the contents of /var/mobile/Library/Peferences/Timcapsule to your hard drive
3) Restore to 3.0.1 (set up as new)
4) Re-jailbreak with Redsn0w and the 3.0 ipsw or blackra1n
5) Sync with iTunes
6) Download Chronus and Pkgbackup and openSSH from cydia
7) SSH (or use iPhoneBrowser or Diskaid) the Chronus files you moved to your hard drive back to /var/mobile/Library/Peferences/Timcapsule and restore them with Chronus
8) Run Pkgbackup and restore your cydia packages
9) Reboot phone
10) Apply any other settings that were erased during the restore.
This process has taken my restore/re-jailbreak time from a few hours to around 1/2 to 1 hour and you are starting with a fresh restore of the iPhone OS.