Total N00b needs help with "hactivation" with iPhone 2G (original)

ddarvish#IM

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
So a friend of mine gave me his old iphone 2G a year ago when he got his 3G. I have been basically using it as an ipod touch and today stupidly decided to run the software update where i lost my unlock and jailbreak. Well i downloaded the newwest jailbreak (blackrain?) and that worked, but it is now asking me to activate and since i don't have an ATT account nor can i unlock this damn phone anymore i dunno how i can get around it.

Right now all i can do is make an emergency call or it says insert valid sim card.

Is there any way to "hacktivate" this phone? i have done a search with no luck..

please don't flame me and thanks in advanced for your help

BTW i am running windows

ddarvish#IM

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
i went through them. It sounds like the iphone 2g can be restored to an older firmware and then have the jailbreak/hacktivate/unlock happen but when i try to do a shift restore to and older firmware i just keep getting errors mostly error 1600 which when i do a search on i get no concrete answer. I was hoping someone really kind here could possibly give me some detailed step by step directions on how i can do this. I can offer crackberry advice in return or something..

please someone help =)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
wow. on crackberry id already have like 10000 replies... you guys aren't very useful are you!

There are like three of four threads with this question so maybe you should be helpful to yourself and use search??

Anyway I will say the same thing I did in the other thread which may help. Just because you probably wont search to find it anyway. The last time I JB my phone I took the SIM out during the process. When I connected the phone to iTunes it tried to verify and without the SIM went into the emergency call screen prompting me to insert a SIM without a lock code or enter the lock code. My phone is locked to Fido and my SIM is Fido so once I put my SIM in the phone did a verify and it was open again. So if yours is on that screen I don't know if any SIM will work or it has to be the SIM that the phone is locked to, in your case AT&T. So if your friend gave you the phone and he has AT&T borrow his SIM pop it into the phone. Once it unlocks you will have to JB and unlock the phone so it can accept any SIM if you have a SIM. If your friend is not with AT&T then look on ebay or kijiji to find an AT&T SIM, I'm not sure if the SIM has to be active or not, but it's worth a shot since all you've got is a paper weight right now.

Another option is to throw the phone up on ebay for sale and use the money to buy a touch if that's all you want, or another unlocked 2G iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234