Real story of battery life after jailbreak?

helmet112

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm seeing conflicting posts about battery life after jailbreaking. I've jailbroken twice: once back in 2.x and once soon after 3.0 came out. Both times I noticed significant drain on the battery (couldn't last a whole day of light use) and some general slowdown.

Both times I did the normal Cydia install. The only extra functionality I'm looking to add is some kind of on-screen email notification. Back in 2.x I tried Intelliscreen, which I believe was the only app I installed. At 3.0 I tried StatusNotifier, which again was the only jailbroken app.

I've heard other second-hand reports of battery drain, but is there a well-known answer to this? What do others notice with battery life? Is it just the nature of the notification-style apps I'm installing that drain, or does extra drain start immediately after a jailbreak + Cydia (or similar) install?

Thanks for any tips.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I think its right after you install apps that would run in the background. Winterboard, ultrasn0w, SBsettings, that email notification, and status notifier. It's possible installing Cydia already degrades your iPhone. It was mentioned in the forums that when you jailbreak your iPhone you lose 85% of the security Apple provides on the iPhone software.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2