Need some serious help with iphone.

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Okay i bought my iphone from my friend and it was already unlocked, it was a 2g, running on the 3.0 software already.
Tonight, itunes popped up saying i could upload 3.1.2 software onto my iphone, so i downloaded it, and now my iphone is saying its an invalid sim card and i can't do anything on my iphone besides slide to make an emergency call.
But the strange thing is, i still have service on my iphone, and it tells me if i get a new phone call or voicemail. But i just can't use it. And itunes says it cannot activiate it until i insert a supported sim card.
Does anybody know how to fix this problem:?

Last edited:

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
It was unlocked using cydia and winterboard.
And I have tmobile service.

And now I finally found a match of something related to my problem on google, and someone said that i would be unable to fix this problem, and i'll have to get a new phone, is this true?

Last edited:

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't know, but I sure hope it's not true.
I just found it on yahoo answers.
They were saying there is no way to revert the software update.:/

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Wait so this means, now that i updated my iphone with itunes, i can't do anything about it, and i need a new iphone?

As Alli said, all current indicators are that you cannot unlock 3.1x. You can still use this phone, but only on AT&T. Your best bet might be to look on eBay or Craig's List for an unlocked phone or one that's not on 3.1.

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
so is there little chance that there will be an unlock for the 3.1.x software?
the only thing that i don't understand is, how come i can still get text messages, phone calls, and what not?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Everywhere on the Internet tells people NOT to upgrade their firmwares through iTunes if you want to unlock.

Considering that you're using a hacked phone, maybe in the future you shouldread up on some things just a little bit before going "button-click happy".

In answer to your question - no, you can not unlock your phone if it is officially updated via iTunes. There is absolutely no way.

The reason that you're most likely in emergency mode is because you probably have to activate or hacktivate your phone. As for why you're probably still receiving txts and phone calls, I think it may have to do with the fact that you still had your T-Mobile SIM card in the phone while you upgraded via iTunes. It was never removes, so technically, your service was never interrupted or disconnected, but the GUI for your phone has simply been programmed to not allow you access to the features of your working phone until it detects an AT&T SIM card.

Basically, for now, you're S.O.L.

tsuehpsyde

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
All I can say to all of these posts is wow, wow, wow....

I see you posted you have an iPhone 2G (original iPhone). Is this the case? If so:

1. Download blackra1n (blackra1n) and jailbreak your phone
2. Install Cydia
3. Install bootneuter

Downgrade your BB and unlock and you're good to go. It's the 3G/3GS that are screwed if they upgrade to 3.1 and need unlock...

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I was under the impression that the 2G baseband was also upgraded if they upgraded to OS 3.1 or above.

Can anyone confirm?

ddarvish#IM

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
All I can say to all of these posts is wow, wow, wow....

I see you posted you have an iPhone 2G (original iPhone). Is this the case? If so:

1. Download blackra1n and jailbreak your phone
2. Install Cydia
3. Install bootneuter

Downgrade your BB and unlock and you're good to go. It's the 3G/3GS that are screwed if they upgrade to 3.1 and need unlock...

can you be more detailed about this. i did the same stupid this as the OP. I jailbreaked the phone but how can install cydia or do anything since i cant activate the phone? how can i do steps 2 and 3? details?

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
same exact problem i'm having.
i downloaded blackra1n and JB'd the phone it rebooted, but i still cannot open up the phone, it's in emergency mode. so i can't install cydia.
But also, cydia and winterboard were already on my iphone.

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
same exact problem i'm having.
i downloaded blackra1n and JB'd the phone it rebooted, but i still cannot open up the phone, it's in emergency mode. so i can't install cydia.
But also, cydia and winterboard were already on my iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2