blackra1n troubleshooting

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
hey guy`s i think somebody needed to make one of this. so i did. step by step using blackra1n and fixing all the little problems ppl are experiencing.

make sure you use a pc to restore your device cinse i member of other forums experienced some problems(blackra1n app missing), that might be related to his device first been restore on a mac and then using blackra1n in a pc. maybe the way itunes in mac partition the iboot.
also if the app give you a error trying to open it, might be because blackra1n cant find the llb in the itunes folder.

1.start your pc but do not open any programs at all(no iTunes).

2.go to blackra1n.com and download a fresh copy of the app.

3.plug your device and make sure iTunes is not working in the background.(this might fix the problem with blackra1n that hang in boot screen))(make sure all services related to itunes are stoped. this fixes the issue with the blackra1n app stoping at running... and just hanging there)

4.run blackra1n with administrator credentials(right click run as admin).(this fix the problem that some are having blackra1n just sits there and dont do anything. this is because blackra1n have not found a connection to the device.

5.make it ra1n!.

hope this helps

Last edited:

sommerface

Jan 10, 2009
www.thevoiceof3.com
Ok, I did all that, but what I want to know is how long does the reboot take after you make it rain and you get the pop up telling you it will be j/b after it reboots?

I have an iPhone 3g, and I'm on an XP computer.

boostd

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
when my phone goes into recovery mode it goes to connect to itunes then my itunes pops up. What am i doing wrong? I shut down my pc and rebooted my phone then plug it in and ran blackra1n. then it goes in to recovery mode then says connect to itunes. if i manually shut it down i get the screen that says it will jailbreak when it reboots but it never reboots. i have to myself and theres no jailbreak on it. any help?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
whoever is having a problem try downloading the program again. I've had problems wayyyyy in the past when I was d/l a program at the same time as millions trying to get it. The program was the right size and everything seemed fine but it wouldn't run successfully. When I re-d/l'd it ran without a problem. Give that a try.

Corrina

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I've tried to run it twice (no iTunes running) clicked "make it ra1n" and it says it's putting it into recovery mode, then my phone screen shows the iTunes logo and USB cable icons. I've manually rebooted it, which prompted blackra1n to tell me jailbreak was complete and to wait for reboot but it just boots back up normally. I've never had trouble jailbreaking before so I'm kind of confused as to what I'm missing here.

iPhone 3G, 3.1.2. Also tried re-downloading program, same result.

Last edited:

ridez

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I've tried to run it twice (no iTunes running) clicked "make it ra1n" and it says it's putting it into recovery mode, then my phone screen shows the iTunes logo and USB cable icons. I've manually rebooted it, which prompted blackra1n to tell me jailbreak was complete and to wait for reboot but it just boots back up normally. I've never had trouble jailbreaking before so I'm kind of confused as to what I'm missing here.

iPhone 3G, 3.1.2.

exact same problem, i have tried probably 30 times :( i miss bitesms :(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I left iTunes up when I did mine. It seemed to take quite a while with the iTunes logo and usb cable icon up...but just wait it out, and eventually young George's picture replaces it. All the while, iTunes will tell you it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode...just ignore that altogether.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Longest I gave it was 15 minutes. I ended up using my XP laptop and worked very quickly, whole thing took about 3 minutes. Someone suggested (after I used the laptop) to try running it with XP compatability mode. If your on vista, you might try that.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Geohot has stated that the 3G is the most stubborn of all the devices.

Go here:

Twitter.com/geohot

I believe he gives some vague instructions on how to work with the 3G

Vancanek

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I had 3.01 JB'd, upgraded to 3.1.2 through iTunes, then ran blackra1n on my 3GS. Now none of my JB'd apps work, even after reinstalling them through Cydia. Anyone else having this problem? Did I do something wrong?

Bombsquad6116

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
For those of you having issues with it getting stuck on Connect to itunes screen, I also have a 3G with Windows XP. The first time i tried, I connected with the usb cable, closed out of Itunes and went the process and it froze. I restored and repeated the same steps with the same result. I rebooted and tried it again with iTunes open and connected and it WORKED. So if your having this issues try it one more time with itunes open.

Hope this helps!

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
For those of you having issues with it getting stuck on Connect to itunes screen, I also have a 3G with Windows XP. The first time i tried, I connected with the usb cable, closed out of Itunes and went the process and it froze. I restored and repeated the same steps with the same result. I rebooted and tried it again with iTunes open and connected and it WORKED. So if your having this issues try it one more time with itunes open.

Hope this helps!

Everytime i open up Blackra1n it then opens up a lil window saying make it ra1n.
Then i hit that then all of a sudden a different window pops ups sayin ( blackra1n.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. )
Wat do i do??? I have re saved the file at least 4 times now and retry'd it over and over.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Also having problems. Seems to just sit there with the normal iTunes + USB cable screen. Tried with and without iTunes open. Waiting 20 minutes...

Do you have to restore it as new? I tried both ways and didn't seem to work either way.