Is it Released?

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Okay i heard that they released Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 for iPhones. But did they release the Unlocking? Cause i have 3.1.2 (7D11) Version and Modem Firmware : 05.11.07, so can it be unlocked?

tsuehpsyde

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
There are currently no unlocks for that baseband, so no, you're stuck unless you can downgrade the baseband to one that ultrasn0w supports.

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Okay So where can i downgrade? Post me a link please and will it be a problem when in November Bell's Releasing iPhone i could get a sim card from them?

and are they trying to get an unlock for my baseband?

tsuehpsyde

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
It depends on what phone you're using.

2G -> Boot Neuter
3G -> FuzzyBand (if your phone has the proper bootloader)
3GS -> No way to downgrade at all.

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Im Using a 3GS 16GB. :\

So theres no way :\

But is there going to be a way some point?

Or Can i Go to Bell in november when they release or go to rogers and have them to unlock?

tsuehpsyde

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Right now there's no way unless you got your phone with 3.0/3.0.1. If you got it with 3.1/3.1.2 out of the box, then you cannot unlock from the carrier at all.

As for ETA, nothing has been said by any of the prominent groups. They're looking for a way similar to boot neuter last I heard, but basically, there is nothing even close to being released that will unlock your phone. I'm sure they will find a way to do it, but as far as when, nobody has any idea except those on the scene (geo, chronic, dev team, etc).

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Okay i got my iPhone from an Freind and it was with 3.0 version and i updateed it. But im sure theres a way you can unlock from the carrier or go to a special store and have them unlock it.

tsuehpsyde

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
If you updated from 3.0 to 3.1 without ever jailbreaking it, your ability to unlock is gone. Some carriers will unlock it for you, but I am unfamiliar with how that works.

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah i Updated to 3.0 to 3.1 then after to 3.1.2, I NEVER even tried to jailbreak it. But im Sure Bell Could unlock it when they release iPhones in November or i could call rogers and ask

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro