Tutorial : Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n

Louuu Diamondz

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
I would like some input and help if you guys wouldn't mind =)

Ok, I'm basically still running version 2.2.1 (I know, really old). I didn't want to upgrade my JB software or apple software until the whole 3.1.2 MMS came out. So now it's finally here, 3.1.2 JB.

What are my options to get this thing started?
Restore the whole phone , start from scratch ? and upgrade to Apple's 3.1.2 first. Then obviously follow the Blackrain JB ?

What if I just upgraded to apple's 3.1.2 first without even restoring it? Or should I restore it first to erase and delete all the OLD JB ?

that's my biggest question I guess. what's the better way of doing this.

heckt51

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
have tried this again for the third time i do not get the boot up screen it says its in recovery mode the itunes says its in recovery mode and have to restore my phone could we just get a simple step by step inst for us idiots redsnow was easy compared to this ALL HELP WE BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
So I got home tonight and tried the trick running Blackra1n from the C: , no luck . Then I tried the DFU trick , no luck . Then I restarted and just held the home button and 30 seconds later Voila ! It is so sssswwwwweeeeeeeettttt!!!!!!!!!!. Now if I can just figure out all terms in the JB world .

Tothemobile

Banned
Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
have tried this again for the third time i do not get the boot up screen it says its in recovery mode the itunes says its in recovery mode and have to restore my phone could we just get a simple step by step inst for us idiots redsnow was easy compared to this ALL HELP WE BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Try it in itunes 9.1

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm needing a step by step for jailbreaking a 3G w/OS 3.1.2
I am running XP. 9.1 iTunes. from what I've been reading I may not be able to unlock but that's fine with me. I'm new at this so when I say "step by step" I mean every bit of that, haha! thanks for any info. oh, just so i know, what are some disadvantages of JB?

xiaobao

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

A newbie to iPhone. Just got a 3GS a few days ago. updated to 3.1.2

Have read thru about this Blackra1n thing but still don't really get on the point of unlockers. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this.

My iPhone 3GS is updated to 3.1.2. In my country, there is no such things as locked phone. So basically my set is an official unlock set.

If i use this blackra1n to jailbreak, will it work for me?

If you guys mentioned that it will be lock. Then my phone will be lock to which teleco?

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks alot. :)

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

A newbie to iPhone. Just got a 3GS a few days ago. updated to 3.1.2

Have read thru about this Blackra1n thing but still don't really get on the point of unlockers. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this.

My iPhone 3GS is updated to 3.1.2. In my country, there is no such things as locked phone. So basically my set is an official unlock set.

If i use this blackra1n to jailbreak, will it work for me?

If you guys mentioned that it will be lock. Then my phone will be lock to which teleco?

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks alot. :)

JB opens u up to a whole new world...hundreds and hundreds more apps for u to enjoy, such as, utilities which can be useful for use with the iphone, more games, more everything!!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
it should be there. try looking for it in spotlite (or search). if it's there, then most likely it will appear after a springboard 'respring'. i also use SBSettings to control which apps i have hidden. very useful.

i used the spotlite and results were negative then when i try to DL it from cydia, it froze my phone on the apple screen and i had to restore and JB all over again:(

Piercey

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm needing a step by step for jailbreaking a 3G w/OS 3.1.2
I am running XP. 9.1 iTunes. from what I've been reading I may not be able to unlock but that's fine with me. I'm new at this so when I say "step by step" I mean every bit of that, haha! thanks for any info. oh, just so i know, what are some disadvantages of JB?

I'm going to be using the mac version and also need a step by step. I haven't updated my phone in awhile for fear of losing the jailbreak.

I'm running 3.0 on a 3g and want to do this right...

Do I update through itunes first? Do i not? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
just wondering....
is there anything else i will need to do after the JB to be complete?

yeah. dive deep into Cydia. and don't ever look back!

but seriously, no. you should see Cydia on your springboard. get to know it. and then check out these posts to wet your appetite:

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/10/13/top-5-must-have-jailbreak-apps/

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/12/12/top-5-musthave-jailbreak-apps-part/

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/03/27/top-5-jailbreak-apps-part-3/#more-7549

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/07/31/top-5-jailbreak-apps-part-4/#more-9790

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

thanks! just a little skeptical, especially after reading several issues people are having after doing the JB.
but i guess when all else fails, restore-restore-restore!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
didn't work either ??? do I need to turn off phone or push and/or hold any of my buttons like with redsnow??

not sure why you are experiencing so many problems. blackra1n was cake compared to redsn0w. no IPSW files to download and install, no DFU hangups...it was easy for me.

i assume you already updated to iTunes 9.1 and have OS 3.1.2 running (didn't read all the way back to beginning of this topic). if not, update to those. then run blackra1n.

have you followed the steps exactly as described here? Jailbreak iphone 3.1.2 with blackra1n | TechnoBuzz.net that's what i did and it took the very 1st time. unlike with redsn0w (but that was my first JB...user error)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods