Black Rain Problems

cirem

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
You have the new 3GS, search "tethered jailbreak". It's due to a chance Apple made in the new 3GS phones, and there is no way to avoid it right now. You don't have to restore just connect to your computer and run Blackra1n again and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply mate. So does that means until a new version of JB is out, i can use tethered jailbreak. Yeh?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Your only option until someone comes out with a non-tethered solution for the NEW 3GS bootrom is a tethered jailbreak. Yes, you can use Blackra1n as it is currently, just don't turn off your phone ;)

cirem

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Your only option until someone comes out with a non-tethered solution for the NEW 3GS bootrom is a tethered jailbreak. Yes, you can use Blackra1n as it is currently, just don't turn off your phone ;)

Cheers. Now I have to make a decision, should I wait for the solution or just go with the current blackrain. :) Thanks heaps!

mgfernandez

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
jailbreak gone wrong

i did the jailbreak good, and it worked.. i then downloaded an app and had to reboot, i got the regular teathered iphone boot screen of the usb itunes logo. how ever at the time i did not know this was regular. i then restored the phone... the logo did not go away, so i started looking into forums found out that you need to run blackrain again. so i tried to do that, but now itunes and blackrain dont recognize my iphone.

anybody know what to do please email me
mgfernandez67 @gmail.com -all help greatly appriciated

euwohnnah

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Rejailbreak gone wrong

i did the jailbreak good, and it worked.. i then downloaded an app and had to reboot, i got the regular teathered iphone boot screen of the usb itunes logo. how ever at the time i did not know this was regular. i then restored the phone... the logo did not go away, so i started looking into forums found out that you need to run blackrain again. so i tried to do that, but now itunes and blackrain dont recognize my iphone.

anybody know what to do please email me
mgfernandez67 @gmail.com -all help greatly appriciated

I had something similar happen to me, but I got an app that was a demo that I couldnt delete, tried uninstalling everything possible apart from blackra1n and blacksnow, but it was still there, i restored my phone, didn't know what else to do. Then I went to rejailbreak, and it just stays on the connect to itunes, but blackrain says jailbreak done, wait for reboot, but i never get rebooted, i can reboot manually, but then the blackra1n icon doesn't show up. Anyone know whats going on? iPhone 3G 3.1.2/ mac osx

gsmhacker

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
hey guys,
i have iphone 3gs 32 gb, made in 35th week of the yr., so its not new bootrom,
i restored it with itunes latest 3.1.2, i used blackra1n on my iphone & got it JB, when now comes the unlock part, using blackra and my wifi, i installed snow sucessfully, after snow and a restart, i disabled 3g, i put my t-mobile sim and it keeps searching and after some time no service any idea's, i have done so many things with phone but cant get through like first installed cydia updated then installed snow, i also tryed custom firmware by pwanage 3.1.2, but nothing seems to work pls help

timothe53

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site

When i run Blackrain my ipod show the itune logo and says he need itune, when i plug it, itune says me that if i want my ipod to work i need to reset it...

help?

dbowlin

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Black rain unlock

Well everything went great with the jailbreak no problems. THEN! I downloaded 3GUnrestrictor no problem, next I downloaded Winterboard then it rebooted device now its stuck on the Apple logo. Any ideas? 3GS on all the latest iphone updates.

If you read the program it states to restart the black tear drop which is the program (2)times when tethering the ver. 3.+ everytime the phone restarts or reboots you will have to run the blackrain program its just the way the program works on 3.+ you can use winterboard etc.... on the phone just when you reboot or shut down the phone you will have to run the blackrain program (2)times and it will work fine I hope this helps don't upgrade the iphone with itunes because when jailbroken or unlocked the phone doesn't work with itunes.

dbowlin

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
problems

When i run Blackrain my ipod show the itune logo and says he need itune, when i plug it, itune says me that if i want my ipod to work i need to reset it...

help?

just plug your ipod back into the computer where your programs at and run the program again and it will fix this you don't have to reset it just run the program again and the itune and apple plug on screen and run blackrain again and the icon's of the itune and plug will go away.

gazah101

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
blackrain

iv instaled blackrain on my iphone when i turn off my phone and turn it back on i have to connect itunes can anyone help

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
>> you should check to make sure your user has admin privileges??

Someone noted this inside this thread. What does it apply to?

Wishing jailbreaking a new 3gs iPhone was more clear cut! I'm getting one this week and I get more nervous reading threats like this (-: Maybe I'm asking for the process to go smoothly & that is not realistic (-:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner