Noob looking for answers on Jailbreaking 3.1.2 firmware on iPhone 3GS

crusader88

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
What's up everyone.

I just recently got my new iPhone about 5 days ago and have been reading what I can about jailbreaking and unlocking the iPhone and all the advantages it presents. Well unforunately I made a noob mistake and tried using purplera1n because it looked so easy to use after watching a video tutorial of it on YouTube without realizing that I did not have the firmware 3.0 and was forced to restore it and lose all the data I had put onto my phone. Luckily I didn't have much since I had only had it for a few days.

Now I'm looking for answers. I did a quick web search and found only one website that said that currently there isn't anyway to jailbreak the new 3.1.2 firmware Apple just released. Is that still the case? Has there been a program that has been released or a way found to do it as of yet?

I know I've still got a lot to learn but I would definitely like to be able to jailbreak and unlock my phone like so many others have done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Well I just read a couple threads on here and noticed that GeoHot is pretty darn close to releasing another program like purplera1n that will be able to jailbreak any OS. I guess he was scheduled to release it today but on his twitter page he says it'll be delayed. Too bad I can't wait to do it. Once it is released he'll definitely be getting a donation from me.

Last edited:

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeh ur correct about ur jailbreaking mistake LOL... but however their is a jailbreak program already out for Mac's only. It is known as pwnage tool. You can find it easily on this forum. It will jailbreak your iPhone in a very orderly fashion way but only thru a Mac... not a PC running windows or anything. Geohot is always coming out with a very diverse program which will hopefully be able to jailbreak any firmware that the iPhone or iTouch is running.

I am currently on a iPhone 3G S running 3.1 and I'm tryna jailbreak also.
As always we wait.
Hope geohot releases it sooner than later.
(Maybe by this week) =)

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Pwnage tool will only work if you have already jb in the past your 3GS, wich is not your case. just wait maybe this weekend will ra1n and averybody will be happy. you dont need and umbrella for that ra1n but you need your 3GS ;-)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234