3G Baseband 5.11.07 on bootloader 5.09 Help downgrade if possible?

Gogia

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks!!!!!! Ipheuria, Your Kind Help...i am also in Toronto..i can meet you no problem...just send me your contact or Pm me and i will show you my Phone...and u can try it at Mac System..i dont have...mac any way...

Lets come back to This thread.......Lots of Our friends in this situation waiting for solution to get out of this trouble...if i can Help i will be the First to Post the solution...But we all have to Find solution Together....?

I am Pretty Hopefull that some one will post solution...!!!!!!!soon

Thanks To all friends who are participating in this thread to help all those friends who are in Trouble with this Current iTunes Updates...3.1.2...

You Put a Really Good Question Iphueria?????

Last edited:

neilied

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah here in the uk i'm in the same club.. managed to use ih8sn0w to fudge the software into downgrading back to 3.0.1 then used redsn0w to jailbreak. tried fuzzyband 3g but my bootloader is 5.09 with baseband 5.11.07 so can't ultrasn0w it. not a prob as i am using my 3g on contract with sim. but still will affect resale value in the future:confused:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
neilied so you tried fuzzband and it didnt' work? I asked my friends about the method they said they new about but one of my friends said the last time he checked it wouldn't downgrade the baseband of 3G so it may be a 2G only thing. I searched Cydia on the weekend and saw two things when searching for fuzzyband, fuzzyband and 3G fuzzyband. So someone can try both and see what happens. If you have updated and your phone is locked you may be forced to either wait until someone comes out with a way to unlock or downgrade the baseband or sell the phone as locked to whatever carrier and buy an unlocked one. When you do, remember not to upgrade it.

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
if you look on homepage about the new release for the mac unlock for iphone, that might fix probs if you have a mac.
thing about my iphone is i cant get onto the phone programs so i cant download nothin, blackrain dont jailbreak till you get onto the phone and i cant do that.
if i wanna downgrade my baseband and phone, how can i do that without needing access to my programs on the phone

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just out of curiousity does anyone know what bootloader their 3G is using?

found this info and thought I'd put it in here since it's sort of pertaining to the topic.

From the dev-team:
You?ve seen us give this warning before, and there are only so many ways to say it or come up with a clever title But here it is: ultrasn0w users must stay away from any firmware updates past 3.0 until we release the tools that let you update the firmware without updating the baseband. For most phones out there, baseband updates are irreversible and you?ll lose ultrasn0w.

The 3.0 jailbreak was one of those (rare) times where both the jailbreak and the unlock coincided (the only other time was 2.2). It?s important that people realize that *most* firmware releases aren?t like that, and you need to take steps (via the tools) to separate the firmware update from its included baseband update.

This warning does not apply to the iPhone 2G, which uses BootNeuter for the unlock, not ultrasn0w.

There are BootNeuter settings in pwnage tool, I've never needed to use them since I have a 3G and don't have the baseband problem but thought this info might be useful to some people.

Last edited:

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site

found this info and thought I'd put it in here since it's sort of pertaining to the topic.

From the dev-team:
You?ve seen us give this warning before, and there are only so many ways to say it or come up with a clever title But here it is: ultrasn0w users must stay away from any firmware updates past 3.0 until we release the tools that let you update the firmware without updating the baseband. For most phones out there, baseband updates are irreversible and you?ll lose ultrasn0w.

The 3.0 jailbreak was one of those (rare) times where both the jailbreak and the unlock coincided (the only other time was 2.2). It?s important that people realize that *most* firmware releases aren?t like that, and you need to take steps (via the tools) to separate the firmware update from its included baseband update.

This warning does not apply to the iPhone 2G, which uses BootNeuter for the unlock, not ultrasn0w.

There are BootNeuter settings in pwnage tool, I've never needed to use them since I have a 3G and don't have the baseband problem but thought this info might be useful to some people.

Okay I see that this says, this warning doesn't apply to the iphone 2g.
I have the iphone 2g, and updated from 3.0 to 3.1.2 via itunes.
It completely bricked my phone, i cannot open it to the programs menu until i activate it with an at&t sim card in it, on itunes.
I don't know what it was unlocked with or jailbroken with, but the phone did have cydia and winterboard on it.
But this bootneuter thing on pwnage tool, does that allow me to downgrade my baseband, and OS?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've never needed to use BootNeuter but pwnage tool will create the custom ispw/ipsw file to restore the firmware/OS. I would guess from that message that you can use BootNeuter to downgrade the baseband that is an option in pwnage tool but go here and read up on it before you attempt it

[Advice] BootNeuter for Dummies [read if n00b] - Hackint0sh

If you screw up BootNeuter you will BRICK your phone so it's not something to mess around with. You have to get it right.

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
*edited*
I can not use bootneuter, looked it up, and since i cannot get onto my iphone and get onto cydia, i cannot install bootneuter.

Last edited:

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
seems like there has recently been alot of iphone users freezing on the apple screen...some were attempting a JB and others, as myself, were simply loading up an app from cydia or icy,...is Apple responsible for this, hence, did they send out some sort of "patch" or something??

...it just seems more then usual that it happened to 2G 3.0fw users

i dunno, maybe im trippin' lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
loudrims_inc if you're not using your 2G PM me I'd love to buy it and try to unlock it/ downgrade the baseband if it is possible.

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site

From the dev-team:

I have 5.09 bootloader :( any word from your friends how to downgrade on a 3G with 5.11.07 baseband?

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Okay I see that this says, this warning doesn't apply to the iphone 2g.
I have the iphone 2g, and updated from 3.0 to 3.1.2 via itunes.
It completely bricked my phone, i cannot open it to the programs menu until i activate it with an at&t sim card in it, on itunes.
I don't know what it was unlocked with or jailbroken with, but the phone did have cydia and winterboard on it.
But this bootneuter thing on pwnage tool, does that allow me to downgrade my baseband, and OS?

try fuzzyband on cydia and if your bootloader is 5.08 or lower you can downgrade the baseband to 4.26.08 to use with ultrasnow to unlock it's much easier and safer :D

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
try fuzzyband on cydia and if your bootloader is 5.08 or lower you can downgrade the baseband to 4.26.08 to use with ultrasnow to unlock it's much easier and safer :D

I CANNOT USE CYDIA.
My Iphone cannot be opened to the menu, to get to cydia.
I can only unlock it to the emergency call screen.

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
This is why I don't mess around with jailbreaking/etc. Hate to break it to you man, but once you've screwed with the baseband, you've screwed your phone over completely :(

DrJB

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
apparently I talked to a guy from craigslist and he said it can be done (downgrading the baseband) and he said it can be done on a Mac. He said it's a trial and error process and could take 1-2 hours to do it. I asked him if he wanted to do it for money and he said he isn't doing Unlocks anymore and it wasn't worth it to him and he said hackers/people aren't sharing their secrets but it can be done I don't know if he was bull****ting me, but if anyone on this forum wants to try to get the info out of him here's his listing, but you didn't get it from me he sounded kind of pissed when I talked to him

Can Unlock any iphone EVEN ON 3.1

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for the link I'll check it out hopefully it's not sold already.

OK here's the deal
djsambroak PM me I need some screenshots of your phone and info from you because you may be in DFU mode and it should be possible to fix you up can't tell yet.

OK if you have bootloader 5.08 as DrJB said your baseband can be downgraded. If you have bootloader 5.09 then you have to sit tight and wait for the dev-team or geohotz to come up with something. If you do have 5.08 then as far as I know, I can't verify cause I don't need to do it and I haven't heard from anyone who has done it. You have to get fuzzyband in Cydia and run it, it will determind your bootloader and then it should know to downgrade your baseband to pre 3.1

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner