Risk to computer when Jailbreaking?

Discord#IM

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
A friend of mine wants to jailbreak his iphone 3gs on my mac laptop because he only has windows. I also have an iphone 3gs, not jailbroken and don't intend to. I have been updating all iphone and itunes firmware, and have not paid attention to the intricacies of jailbreaking.

Is there any danger or risk whatsoever to my computer or iphone backups by letting my friend jailbreak on my mac?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No, there is no risk to your computer the tool is very simple to use. When you're friend's phone is connected to your Mac it should have a different name and will not interfere with your own stuff. My friend always JB my phone for me and he has a vanilla iPhone.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
when you download something from the internet there is always a risk is comes with a virus, hack, etc.

when you run a program there's always a risk it can cause problems by running malicious code

the exact risk is what you need to determine. in this case imagine someone making their own malicious version of the program, say a rogue programmer, hacker, etc, and then distributing it. or you download something that isn't what it says it is.

there is always a risk. in this case as long as the download comes from a legit site you're probably ok

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking in an of itself will not harm your computer, you just need to find a reputable place to download the files & programs you will use to jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro