Geohot is giving a 2 day ETA...

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Apparently he's working on a single tool to jailbreak every version of the iPhone and iPod Touch. Per twitter, he's giving an ETA of 2 days.

So far he's been pretty tight lipped about details, so who knows if this JB will also include a 3.1 unlock -- although I doubt it.

I'm sure the tool will be welcomed with open arms for everyone stuck at 3.1 w/o a JB, but for me, I want to preserve my unlock for future resale value.

On the iPhone: Meet the Family

Twitter / George Hotz: @channel13films i have an ...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Good to read. I know he's had an exploit around since 3.0 and 3.1 came around, he was just waiting for someone else to beat him to the punch b/c he's had college and other things take up his time.

On the horizon:
- sn0wbreeze
- GeoHot
- greenp0ison
- Quickpwn by @MuscleNerd port

ah, the jailbreak scene is good :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
This guy is the f'n man. Seriously.*

I swear to you, if he has found an exploit that can jailbreak EVERY firmware EVER (meaning that includes future updates), this kid should seriously look into getting his ass some financial backing and starting his own mobile software company.*

Could you imagine a complete, custom OS designed by this guy for existing devices? If he were to team up with Saurik, BigBoss, Ryan Petrich, Dave Ashford, etc., this would be the best custom OS ever built. **

I'd easily pay $25-50 for a complete iPhone OS designed by these guys to overtake the device. Fu*k the Apple OS. I'd much rather have the ra1n OS. *chuckle*

Pipedreams I know, but it would be amazing, don't you think?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods